Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Springfield's "Hellion" bullpup

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I don't think this is going to be an AR-15 replacement except for someone who is just dedicated to doing something different. To me this is more a gun lover/collector's gun. Nothing wrong with this since, honestly, every gun most people buy past a basic AR, 870 or J-frame/Shield is pretty much a toy . It is likely Springfield didn't do anything to hurt the gun since it appears they brought it in an faux sporter configuration and just put some 922R parts on it (the way FN did with the SCAR back when they still came from Europe). I think this will likely be a cool piece much like an AK,Tavor, AUG, FS2000, FNC, etc. And there is also a reasonable chance this gun will not be imported forever and then will be even more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostRider View Post
    Agree with the above 100%

I have an X95 that I've become very fond of with one exception... support parts availability. I always want to have spare springs, firing pins, bolts... wear items that can fail. So far I can't get them... been waiting a long time for the bolt kits and such to come back in stock. This is my only real complaint about my little green machine.
    Sooo...
    If Springfield can bring this pup in without dicking it up mechanically affecting durability/reliability and can provide support parts for it I might find myself a player.
    If it is a true copy of the military/combat proven gun... minus the giggle switch... it might be worth the chance. The price is pretty high though so the gun had better meet expectations.
    If we allowed the automotive industry to treat us the way the gun industry does... as guinea pigs... there would be a lot of wrecks along the sides of the road.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I'm not into bull pups in the least and I'm not a fan of Springfield Armory, but for some reason I'm intrigued by this one. Seems to be better thought out than all the other bull pups or something... I can't quite put my finger on it.

Or maybe it's just catching my attention because it's so HK G36 like in bull pup form. I know if I bought it I'd probably hate it because it's a bull pup, but I might just have to try this one.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 01-16-22 at 13:17.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Absolutely. I was wondering if I might be able to source on of the G36 magwells to make it even more exotic. It is apparently a simple swap.

Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I'm not into bull pups in the least and I'm not a fan of Springfield Armory, but for some reason I'm intrigued by this one. Seems to be better thought out than all the other bull pups or something... I can't quite put my finger on it.

Or maybe it's just catching my attention because it's so HK G36 like in bull pup form.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Absolutely. I was wondering if I might be able to source on of the G36 magwells to make it even more exotic. It is apparently a simple swap.
    Definitely, the G36 mags would be a must have for this I'd think. I hate that Springfield had to go and "Americanize" it. That seems to happen with all foreign military rifle designs when they bring them over here.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Agreed. When I want an AR-15 I buy an AR-15. Of course, I am in the minority so Springfield was probably smart to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Definitely, the G36 mags would be a must have for this I'd think. I hate that Springfield had to go and "Americanize" it. That seems to happen with all foreign military rifle designs when they bring them over here.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, at least it has a two position gas piston regulator for Suppressed and Normal use.

Also a bonus it takes AR grips and PMAGs.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Agreed. When I want an AR-15 I buy an AR-15. Of course, I am in the minority so Springfield was probably smart to do this.
    Honestly, looking at the Springfield offering compared to the real thing from HS-Produkt it's not actually changed too much. Other than the differences in the magwell, the VHS-K2 doesn't seem to have swap-able grip ability, different style trigger guard, handguard with pic rails and the barrels have an odd fluting for improved heat dissipation (guessing).

Springfield could have messed it up worse I suppose. And really, the worst thing they did to it is the name IMO.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 01-16-22 at 15:41.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Need a HellFire something for goober trifecta.

How does Ron Cohen find the time to run SIG USA into the ground and still be able to consult with Springfield marketing?
    A 12ga to go with the other two for a three gun setup, the Hellspawn trio.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Ok I'll join in. Free marketing tip for SpringField. If you can get Umarex to make a .22 copy for you call it the "Hellboy"

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    "Satan's Sidearm"?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast