Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Whats Wrong with the Russian Army

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Zero Hedge is a known source of Russian disinformation.
    Its a news story pointing to and repeating a news story published by the Washington Post. They even gave a link to the original story...

So the Washington Post is now 'Russian Disinformation'???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Its a news story pointing to and repeating a news story published by the Washington Post. They even gave a link to the original story...

So the Washington Post is now 'Russian Disinformation'???
    No, the Washington Post is a tool of the Left.

I always remember it this way: the NY Times is libtard, the NY Post not so much. In D.C. it's the opposite, with the Post being the Left-leaning paper and the Times like the NY Post. (Confused yet?)
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyStranger View Post
    “We are being sent to certain death,” said a volunteer, reading from a prepared script, adding that a similar video was filmed by members of the 115th Brigade 1st Battalion. “We are not alone like this, we are many.”

Ukraine’s military rebutted the volunteers’ claims in their own video posted online, saying the “deserters” had everything they needed to fight: “They thought they came for a vacation,” one service member said. “That’s why they left their positions.”

In the wake of the video, the Ukrainian troops featured are being accused of 'desertion'
    'Volunteers'?

Could have sworn I read something about them prohibiting what they call 'men of military age' (18 to 60 there) from leaving the country.

Think about that shit for a minute...

What if Canada told YOU that you 'HAD' to fight for THEM for whatever bullcrap reason you may or may not agree with?

And then they prevented you from even leaving the damn country if you decided that you had enough and that their shit was just not quite right for you...

You don't agree to fight for crap you may not really believe in and now you are a draft dodger and subject to a bigger world of shit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    'Volunteers'?

Could have sworn I read something about them prohibiting what they call 'men of military age' (18 to 60 there) from leaving the country.

Think about that shit for a minute...

What if Canada told YOU that you 'HAD' to fight for THEM for whatever bullcrap reason you may or may not agree with?

And then they prevented you from even leaving the damn country if you decided that you had enough and that their shit was just not quite right for you...

You don't agree to fight for crap you may not really believe in and now you are a draft dodger and subject to a bigger world of shit.
    I can see it happening, and being sent to either Eastern Europe, Taiwan or South Korea.

Are you believing the morning papers?
    War is coming back in style
    There's generals here, advisers there
    And the Russians nibbling everywhere
    The chessboard's filling up with red
    We make more profits when we blow off their heads
    Economy is looking bad
    Let's start another war (when ya get drafted)
    Fan the fires of racist hatred
    We want total war (when ya get drafted)
    Drooling fingers, panic buttons
    Playing with missiles like they're toys
    There's easy money, easy jobs
    Especially when you build the bombs
    That blow big cities off the map
    Just guess who profits when we build 'em back up
    Yeah, what Big Business wants Big Business
    Gets it wants a war (When ya get drafted)
    Trilateral Commission goonies
    Laugh and scheme for more (when ya get drafted)
    Call the Army, call the Navy
    Stocked with kids from slums (when ya get drafted)
    If you can't afford a slick attorney
    We might make you a spy
    Forget your demonstrations
    Kids today sit on their ass (when ya get drafted)
    Just a six-pack and you're happy
    We're prepared for when ya get drafted
    When ya get drafted

"Build back better" - Biden

The way I look at it:

There will be good guys out there doing what they can.

Matthew 24

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Psalms 24
    8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

Psalms 18

34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.

37 I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.

38 I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet.

39 For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.

40 Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me.

41 They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the Lord, but he answered them not.

42 Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.

43 Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; and thou hast made me the head of the heathen: a people whom I have not known shall serve me.

44 As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.

45 The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places.

46 The Lord liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

47 It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me.

48 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.

49 Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.

50 Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.
    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 05-28-22 at 01:07.

Feedback Score
    He makes a good point. The media stopped covering the war so people have lost interest.

They are now finding it harder to get support.

Pro Red army yt channel: Archive | April 2022 | Lugansk People's Militia advancing in Novotashevka LPR (Donbass)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3fqAn3IhI
    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 05-28-22 at 01:06.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Kyiv Independent
    @KyivIndependent
    ⚡️Putin extends age limit for joining Russian military.

Under the new law, signed by Russian dictator Vladimir Putin on May 28, Russians under 50 are entitled to sign their first contract for military service. Prior to that, the age limit was under 40.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Zero Hedge is a known source of Russian disinformation.

That being said, I think it is clear now that the Russians actually have a plan and a MUCH smaller goal they are doing a lot better. Hopefully they aren’t able to keep it up with the Ukrainian military getting better equipped by the day and the Russians being forced to break out tanks from before desegregation. But we shall see. I’m concerned for sure.
    Makes sense. One of the primary reasons for the failure around Kyiv was the breakdown of logistics. With much shorter supply lines, and far fewer troops to try and supply, it's bound to work out better for them.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    "Come with us and let's try and hit this tank"

Feedback Score
    Zelensky: Conditions in Donbas ‘indescribably difficult’
    https://thehill.com/policy/internati...bly-difficult/

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said conditions in the Donbas region are “indescribably difficult” as Russia’s invasion of his country entered its 95th day.

In a presidential address Saturday evening, Zelensky noted battles in areas with heavy Russian occupancy, including Sievierodonetsk, Lysychansk, Bakhmut and Popasna.

“But our defense holds on,” he said. “It’s indescribably difficult there. And I am grateful to all those who withstand this onslaught of the occupiers.”

Zelensky added that Russia had launched “absolutely senseless, openly barbaric strikes at the Sumy region,” leaving one person dead, seven wounded and two in critical condition. He noted that the shells hit a residential area that was 20 meters from a kindergarten.

Russia-Ukraine war: situation in Luhansk ‘extremely escalated’ amid intense shelling
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...zelenskiy-live

Situation in Luhansk has 'extremely escalated', says governor

A dispatch here from Reuters reporters in Ukraine, as Russia continues its assaults to try to capture the Donbas region.

Ukrainian forces were on Sunday resisting a Russian assault on Sievierodonetsk, the largest city they still hold in the eastern Donbas region, but were weathering heavy artillery barrages, Ukrainian officials said.

The shelling was so intense it was not possible to assess casualties and damage, the governor of Luhansk region, Serhiy Haidai, said. Dozens of buildings have been destroyed in the past few days.

“The situation has extremely escalated,” Haidai said.

The Ukrainian government meanwhile urged the west to provide it with more longer-range weapons in order to turn the tide in the war, now in its fourth month.

The battle for Sievierodonetsk, which lies on the eastern side of the Siverskyi Donets River, has become the focus of attention as Russia ekes out slow but solid gains in the Donbas, comprising of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions.

Russia’s fixation on Sievierodonetsk had drawn resources from other battlefronts and as result they had made little progress elsewhere, according to the Washington-based Institute for the Study of War.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The Ukrainian military said on Sunday that hospitals in Crimea had been ordered by Moscow to stop treating civilians to attend to the needs of wounded soldiers.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05...smid=url-share

Ukraine has declared that it is mounting a counteroffensive to reclaim territory around the southern port city of Kherson, as Russia devotes the bulk of its forces to pounding eastern Ukraine and capturing Sievierodonetsk, the last Ukrainian controlled city in the Luhansk region.

Kherson was the first major city to fall as Russian forces swept north out of Crimea more than three months ago, and it has provided a key staging ground for Russian operations across southern Ukraine. In recent weeks, Russian forces — stretched thin and taking heavy losses as they gain ground in the eastern Donbas region — have concentrated their efforts in the south on fortifying defensive positions.

“Hold on Kherson,” the Ukrainian military said on Twitter on Sunday morning. “We’re coming.”

Ukrainian officials have for weeks telegraphed plans to launch a new southern counteroffensive threatening Russia’s supply routes into Kherson on bridges over the Dnipro River. But they said the maneuver would require the delivery of Western artillery systems that had been promised by the United States and other allies.

The Biden administration has approved sending long-range multiple launch rocket systems to Ukraine, a significant transfer that could hugely aid the country, U.S. officials said on Friday. Mr. Zelensky has suggested an official announcement could come this week.

In other developments:

Russian forces are trying to gain a foothold on the northeast edge of Sievierodonetsk and are moving in the direction of the city center, Ukraine’s military said on Sunday evening. Russian forces also are pounding route T1302, which runs into the city. Route T1302 has been called the “road of life” given its critical role in getting supplies in and giving fleeing civilians a means of escape.

Ukraine’s defense minister, Oleksiy Reznikov, said that sophisticated Harpoon anti-ship cruise missiles had arrived. He said the Harpoons came courtesy of Denmark and would be used to try to break Russia’s Black Sea blockade and to protect the port city of Odesa.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast