Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best zero for 9mm PCC..?

Feedback Score

Best zero for 9mm PCC..?

I have asked one of the mods regarding the best zero for a 9mm PCC. It may be different than a 5.56/.223. Can the forum tell me what you do for the smaller length round ? Any help is appreciated as I am new to firearms and the forum.

Thx.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I zeroed mine at 25 yards, same as my pistols.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    25 yd Zero will close to ON at 75 as well.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    You'll probably get multiple different opinions, because i'm not sure there is a "best one size fits all" answer for this. The "best" zero can depend a lot on your bullet weight, barrel length, velocity, sight over bore height, and intended use, etc. The most efficient way to go would be to put your specific info in a free ballistic calculator and find the flattest zero trajectory for the gun and ammo you'll be shooting. If you don't want to do all that, pick a distance you are comfortable with, zero to that, and then learn your holdovers from 5-100 yards.

I have multiple PCCs and i personally zero mine at 25 yards. That may not be the best distance, but I know where my bullet will impact from 3 feet to 100 yards.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    You'll probably get multiple different opinions, because i'm not sure there is a "best one size fits all" answer for this. The "best" zero can depend a lot on your bullet weight, barrel length, velocity, sight over bore height, and intended use, etc. The most efficient way to go would be to put your specific info in a free ballistic calculator and find the flattest zero trajectory for the gun and ammo you'll be shooting. If you don't want to do all that, pick a distance you are comfortable with, zero to that, and then learn your holdovers from 5-100 yards.
    This! If you're running 147s vs 115s it can be a big difference in trajectory.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What is the intended use, and with what ammo?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It's a good question, I think mine are at or around 50 yards. But I think a 25 yard zero makes a lot of sense. I mean if I have to get down to business, I probably need to make a shot inside my house. And then its going to be my SBR.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16" barrel, 115 FMJ rounds(of a variety of brands-new ammo). Self defense and range.
    Last edited by GuitarsFromMars; 08-05-22 at 14:27. Reason: reason

Feedback Score
    25 yards and you can aim point of aim and hit out to 100. When you get to 200 you will be about 24 inch drop.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarsFromMars View Post
    16" barrel, 115 FMJ rounds(of a variety of brands-new ammo). Self defense and range.
    Around 75 yds is “best” ballistically, but I wouldn’t sweat it too hard. I shoot 147s, and I’ve tried 25, 50, and some oddballs, and they’ve all been fine. As range goes up, dispersion and ammo variance is usually a bit more than 5.56, sometimes enough to mask offset/drop to a degree. Within reasonable distances, the drop isn’t a big deal, so pick one, and get familiar with it. For most people, 25yd is the most practical, because you can confirm that zero most anywhere, and it is intuitively easy to hold a little high at 100.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast