Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm prices getting decent once again ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

9mm prices getting decent once again ?

I have recently seen 9mm at .25/rd shipped to the house. It's not as low as the past, but its closing in on good prices. Very happy to see that coming together once again.

Anyone seen any better? Thoughts ? Was it a one time/ sometimes thing I saw?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I know it's like trying to time the bottom of the stock market, but I'm emotionally prepared to buy in bulk if 9mm hits $.22 per round. TargetSportsUSA is at $.27 per round shipped for a case of 124gr Blazer Brass.

Feedback Score
    Definitely nice to see prices finally coming down a bit. I doubt it will ever get back to the $169/1,000 range like before, but .25 shipped is the best it's been in quite some time.

And i don't think that's a one time thing, i've seen many different companies advertising factory 9mm around that price recently. What's frustrating is that most physical gun stores are still selling ammo at outrageous prices, even when you can get it so much cheaper online. I guess people must still be buying at those prices...

Feedback Score
    Just cost average it. Buy now, if it gets cheaper, buy more. When it inevitably goes up again, you’ll be glad you did.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Definitely nice to see prices finally coming down a bit. I doubt it will ever get back to the $169/1,000 range like before, but .25 shipped is the best it's been in quite some time.

And i don't think that's a one time thing, i've seen many different companies advertising factory 9mm around that price recently. What's frustrating is that most physical gun stores are still selling ammo at outrageous prices, even when you can get it so much cheaper online. I guess people must still be buying at those prices...
    It always alarming to see it at Sportsmans warehouse. But Gun ranges are the worst for raping their ignorant customers. Its gotta be online for the most part. We have a local spot, Trueshot that has decent prices walking in to buy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I know it's like trying to time the bottom of the stock market, but I'm emotionally prepared to buy in bulk if 9mm hits $.22 per round. TargetSportsUSA is at $.27 per round shipped for a case of 124gr Blazer Brass.
    We ought to be able to set limit orders and buy on margin!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Yes 9mm bulk is getting more reasonable. It appears to me that the cost of available primers have driven the current 9mm bulk ammo prices to be more economical over reloading.

Feedback Score
    This has almost always been the case for 9mm, except for the absolute peaks in ammo prices.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's the thing: If you'd never been through an election year or legislative gun/ammo drought before this one, you may not have known better. Now that you have, when this happens next time there are no excuses and it's all you. Take steps today to prepare for next time.

As a general rule, you should have one year's worth of your typical consumption in back-stock, plus more up front that you use and replace when conditions are good.

If you don't, don't post here desperate and whining when this all happens again.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know elections and panic buying has had a large effect, but I think the current prices are just typical inflation. I have a hard time believing the cost of ammunition is going to go much lower. When I bought my first handgun in’96 I was buying cases of .45ACP for about $90. It’s a seller’s market, and I imagine it will be that way at least for the rest of our lives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast