Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gordon Lightfoot dead at 84, R.I.P.

Feedback Score
    I'm 54 so he was on the radio a lot when I was a kid. Always liked him. RIP
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I just purchased a "Best of Gordon Lightfoot" CD last week. What a wonderful balladeer. He was a class act. He did a wonderful thing by donating proceeds from a benefit concert to the "Great Lakes Maritime Academy" scholarship fund in 1976, the year I graduated from GLMA. He continued to make contributions to the fund throughout the years. Deck Cadet David Weiss, a classmate of mine, was one of the twenty nine crew members that went down on the "Fitz". I get a bit teary eyed when I listen to "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". The odds were 1 in 25 that one of us cadets would have been on the "Fitz" during our six months of apprenticeship on board Great Lakes iron ore carriers that year. You just never know when your time is up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rick Beato did a heartfelt tribute to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iw7Jei8XOo

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RioGrandeGreen View Post
    Rick Beato did a heartfelt tribute to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iw7Jei8XOo
    I was just going to post that. I watched it last night before bed. Put the headphones on and could really hear the cool parts in his songs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    True, most of his songs hit the soul just right, They do sound very good on headphones.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RioGrandeGreen View Post
    True, most of his songs hit the soul just right, They do sound very good on headphones.
    I watched the Beato video again on the treadmill yesterday with blue tooth speaker, and it's amazing how much more you can hear with headphones.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    On The Blacklist, when Red walks Mr. Kaplan into the woods and shoots her in the head while GL If you could read my mind played was a awesome scene. The star of that episode was the song!
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 05-05-23 at 20:03.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12