Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    A Springfield XD-M is a solid upgrade compared to this POS. As would be a Ruger American Pistol Duty.

Therefore so is anything in the next couple tiers above.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    A Springfield XD-M is a solid upgrade compared to this POS. As would be a Ruger American Pistol Duty.

Therefore so is anything in the next couple tiers above.
    I agree, I had 2 P320's. Didn't trust them. Had one with what I call is a "dead trigger" they replaced it after sending it in. Shot the replace one time. And its sitting in the safe. I have the 40 conversion kit to go with it. But No one wants it, so I can not sell it.

I would carry a HiPoint over that P320

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    The narrator in the video I linked made a good point. Sear engagement is reduced as is the amount of pressure needed to fire the gun when the slide is partially retracted

Got to wonder if a slight bit of pressure, perhaps even the weight of the holstered gun on the front of the slide, could be just enough to do this
    That is an interesting point that isn’t immediately obvious when you study the interaction of the trigger parts.

But the RSA is stronger than the weight of the pistol, much less just the frame and magazine, so I think there would need to be outside influence.

I had a pretty old version of this holster design, and I remember it seating to the light rather than the pistol. It was a G17 holster but you could put a G19 in without it feeling any deeper or the hood being loose. I’m not sure how a current P320 version works in that regard, it may be able to push the slide back.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    That is an interesting point that isn’t immediately obvious when you study the interaction of the trigger parts.

But the RSA is stronger than the weight of the pistol, much less just the frame and magazine, so I think there would need to be outside influence.

I had a pretty old version of this holster design, and I remember it seating to the light rather than the pistol. It was a G17 holster but you could put a G19 in without it feeling any deeper or the hood being loose. I’m not sure how a current P320 version works in that regard, it may be able to push the slide back.

Someone should measure trigger pull weights with weapon in battery. Then tie string on trigger. Holster weapon (fully loaded with dummy rounds)and repeat. Might be interesting.
    Last edited by signal4l; 08-09-23 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/safety...rs-for-pistols

This gun is just not suited for duty use.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I agree 100% with this video as well as numerous LE firearms instructors. SIG got ahead of themselves, and look like they are in panic mode with their released statement. I have numerous posts about this exact thing, and this video ties all this together. Sig has lost all credibility with me and many others over this.

TXPO
    Would an updated trigger with the trigger block..aka Glock solve the problem? Or it an an issue with the light bearing duty holsters? I have a P320 with a Tenicor holster and it doesn't move the slide or trigger...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sig isn’t the only pistol that has problems with trigger access in a light bearing holster. You just don’t hear the hype when it’s a Glock. A couple of examples I recall are a suspect fighting for the gun got a finger to the trigger, a set of keys hanging on a duty belt of someone sitting next to them got to the trigger.

I’m not saying that disproves any claims of the Sig “just going off”, but it’s a real issue you should be aware of even if you carry a Glock with a drop safety trigger tab.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Would an updated trigger with the trigger block..aka Glock solve the problem? Or it an an issue with the light bearing duty holsters? I have a P320 with a Tenicor holster and it doesn't move the slide or trigger...
    What they are saying is the light bezel is wider than the pistol which necessitates the holster mouth/opening being wider than a holster that can't accept a light.

While "true", I can't recall seeing any lights where there is enough difference between bezel diameter and slide width to be an issue AND has a holster to accommodate the combo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I posted a picture earlier in this thread, post 397, of my Glock 17 Surefire X300 combo in a Safariland holster. the trigger is easily viewed through the opening for the light. I have pretty large hands and I can get my finger easily deep enough to touch that trigger. I couldn't pull the trigger, but someone with slender fingers definitely could.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just checked my Sig 220/TLR-1 in my safariland duty holster. I can see the trigger through the gap but I can’t touch the trigger even with my pinky.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast