Thread: Beretta's next gen service rifle (video)

Feedback Score

Beretta's next gen service rifle (video)

Beretta's "looks like an AR-15 but it's not" rifle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H0q4SJHsEE

Feedback Score
    Civilian price when it shows up initially : $2500, 2 years later $799 at Academy, right before they abort it.

Feedback Score
    Looks a helluva lot like a Sig MCX Spear LT. Much better aesthetically than the usual Beretta rifles which could be used in a sci-fi outer space movie! (yes, I am fully aware that aesthetics don't mean shit when it comes to a combat weapon's viability or not!)
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It will be just like a SIG MCX but actually work without the need for 2-3 beta releases on their customers.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Seems good. Folding stock would be nice.

They say there will be other calibers available but that's a favorite lie Beretta likes to tell.

Probably will be an accurate, reliable rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very interesting. Beretta always seems to make good equipment, but not get the attention they deserve. Weird.

The Italian's do have a way of pushing the envelope in innovation. A lot of times, their innovation goes mainstream and everyone else develops their own version of it. All you have to do is look at Ferrari and, to me, more so Ducati. Almost always ahead of the curve.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    It will be just like a SIG MCX but actually work without the need for 2-3 beta releases on their customers.
    I watched a video on the new Sig spear that the military adapted. If you insert the mag to deep it locks up the rifle! Who tests the weapons before they adopt them?
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 03-02-24 at 19:26.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.