Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dog Food

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We have always had luck with RC (Royale Canin) for both our pups and our cat.

Now they are one of my clients. One time, on site, one of their process engineers walked me through the whole process of making dog food. We walked the entire plant following the process and be explained everything. It was over an hour. He was so passionate about how they make dog food that I couldn’t stop listening. Anyway, having seen and designed their facilities, knowing the raw materials they use and the cleanliness of their process I feel even better about feeding them RC.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    My Redbone Coonhound gets Science Diet canned along with Science Diet kibble. He does best on this.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Purina mostly.

Having said that, pet owners get too wound up over diet. Meanwhile your dog is over there chewing crap in the yard from other animals, chewing sticks, random feathers, any item that touches the floor in the kitchen, licking his balls....
    Last edited by Caduceus; 03-05-24 at 12:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I make my own raw food for the dogs using a meat grinder. Will usually grind whole chickens and add some organs like beef liver. I’ll also add some instant oats and leafy greens to the mixture. My dogs do well on this raw food blend and none of the dogs have any problems with yeast or allergies.

The best part is, making my own dog food costs less per lb than most commercially available dog food. Even the best kibble is processed food, with a ton of preservatives.

Feedback Score
    Our two year old female GS will eat just about anything put in front of her. We try to stick with Purina One. She started scratching this winter, so we added coconut oil and the scratching quit. She also gets a boiled egg every morning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123