Thread: Browning Hi Power 40S&W

Feedback Score

Browning Hi Power 40S&W

I have a Browning Hi Power 40S&W sitting at MK3 firearms along with a 357sig KKM barrel and a 9mm KKM barrel.

My question is has anyone here converted a 40S&W Hi Power to 9mm? How did it handle, shoot and how is the recoil different from a 9mm Hi Power.

Feedback Score
    I have a 40S&W Hi Power and quite a few 9mm Hi Powers, so I never purchased a conversion barrel. It's seems like an interesting option though. Given how much heavier the 40S&W slide is than the 9mm slide, I'd guess that you might need a different recoil spring. Keep us informed regarding how it works out.

Feedback Score

Browning Hi Power 40S&W

Duplicate
    Last edited by Heavyweight; 05-29-24 at 21:42. Reason: Duplicate

Feedback Score
    I’m a Hi Power junkie and have a .40 cal I bought 20 years ago fitted with a custom Cylinder and Slide barrel. It’s a joy to shoot. Recoil is so subjective but I think it’s one of the smoothest firing handguns I own. That wider, heavier slide really does make for getting back on target fast. You’re gonna love it Yoni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    I’m a Hi Power junkie and have a .40 cal I bought 20 years ago fitted with a custom Cylinder and Slide barrel. It’s a joy to shoot. Recoil is so subjective but I think it’s one of the smoothest firing handguns I own. That wider, heavier slide really does make for getting back on target fast. You’re gonna love it Yoni.

So I am guessing converted to 9mm it will be a very soft shooting gun.

This combined with the MK3 single stage trigger, I think is going to make a great pistol for competition.

If it turns out as well as I hope, I will probably sell full house Cylinder and Slide 9mm Hi Power and build an other 40 with a 9mm conversion .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    So I am guessing converted to 9mm it will be a very soft shooting gun.

This combined with the MK3 single stage trigger, I think is going to make a great pistol for competition.

If it turns out as well as I hope, I will probably sell full house Cylinder and Slide 9mm Hi Power and build an other 40 with a 9mm conversion .
    Lemme know when you put that C&S up for sale!