I disagree on certain points.

There are a few brakes that serve to reduce muzzle movement off-target, and are not as "Blasty" as others. I choose the Advance Precision EFAB Hybrid Brake.

I agree there are others (specifically the Miculek) that are great at absolutely reducing muzzle movement at the cost of loosening your feelings, liquifying your ear wax, blasting the front of your trousers, and generally raising dust or ceiling flocking to come down.

Teaching patrol rifle bubbas en masse, twenty patrolmen shoulder-to-shoulder is not the audience -- but they absolutely will be influenced watching champion 3-Gun shooters or assaulters and their choices to want the Gucci accessory. They are different target and experience groups.

As for individual, private shooters -- I doubt they will be shooting in their homes in close proximity to three or four others maneuvering on a home invader. I would also submit firing a 16-inch carbine indoors, with or without a brake, is going to get people's attention and be unpleasant, even WITH hearing protection.

A standard bird cage is the simplest and cheapest solution. A suppressor adds cost, weight, flexibility, and compliance paperwork ass-pain, as well as losing the noise shock effect of a firearm going off in close proximity.