Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Shotguns not for COMBAT use

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    What slugs do you prefer? Are 1oz 2.75" Remington Sluggers good against the bears? Also, do you prefer a 12ga and slugs over something like a lever .45-70? Why?
    Breneke Slugs 2 3/4 mags. Foster slugs are are too soft.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's simple really, a shotgun is the thinking man's second choice for a fight when a rifle is in the offering.

Cameron

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    It's simple really, a shotgun is the thinking man's second choice for a fight when a rifle is in the offering.

Cameron
    It really depends on what kind of fight we are talking about. CQB in my apartment I would take my M4S90 over any other platform. It is THE MOST reliable weapon I have ever owned. Be it AR/LesBaer/Glock/ANYTHING. My M4S90 WILL GO BANG. And unless I totally limp-wrist it (I can fire it 1-handed and it still cycles just fine), it WILL load all 8 remaining shells.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Breneke Slugs 2 3/4 mags. Foster slugs are are too soft.
    Pat
    That's kinda what I figured.

How would you feel armed with OOO Buck? Totally under-gunned?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That's kinda what I figured.

How would you feel armed with OOO Buck? Totally under-gunned?
    Against bear yes. Black bear sure it would work fine. But we have brown bear in my area as well.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Against bear yes. Black bear sure it would work fine. But we have brown bear in my area as well.
    Pat
    I can wiki a black bear and see how sizeable it is, but are they "tough" or not? Like a Coyote, they take a LOT to put down even though they are small.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I can wiki a black bear and see how sizeable it is, but are they "tough" or not? Like a Coyote, they take a LOT to put down even though they are small.
    I had to kill 2 black bear last summer in the line of duty. The first one I had to kill charged me. 2 slugs put it down but it tried to get back up. I shot it 2 more times on the ground, reloaded then shot it twice in the head. Yes they are tough. The second bear I had to shoot had broken into a woman's apartment. When I arrived on scene it was in the laundry room. I waited for it to exit and I waited until I had a safe back stop. It rose up on its hind legs. from about 7 yards away. I shot it in the chest once and then twice more in the back as it turned to run. that slowed it down but it was still moving away. I reloaded and got closer to it. It spun around and started biting at its own mid section. I shot it 3 more times as it spun. This dropped it. I then put two in its head. I used Breneke slugs. Yes bears are tough to kill.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I had to kill 2 black bear last summer in the line of duty. The first one I had to kill charged me. 2 slugs put it down but it tried to get back up. I shot it 2 more times on the ground, reloaded then shot it twice in the head. Yes they are tough. The second bear I had to shoot had broken into a woman's apartment. When I arrived on scene it was in the laundry room. I waited for it to exit and I waited until I had a safe back stop. It rose up on its hind legs. from about 7 yards away. I shot it in the chest once and then twice more in the back as it turned to run. that slowed it down but it was still moving away. I reloaded and got closer to it. It spun around and started biting at its own mid section. I shot it 3 more times as it spun. This dropped it. I then put two in its head. I used Breneke slugs. Yes bears are tough to kill.
    Pat
    Wow. And you would also trust OOO Buck within 30-40 yards?

I wiki'ed the BB. It can reach 115-600#...quite the range...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Wow. And you would also trust OOO Buck within 30-40 yards?

I wiki'ed the BB. It can reach 115-600#...quite the range...
    I would not trust buck at all only Breneke slugs. 000 buck lacks the penetration needed to reliably but a brown bear down. Black bear sure but not brown. We do have brown bear here as well so that is the threat I plan for.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I would not trust buck at all only Breneke slugs. 000 buck lacks the penetration needed to reliably but a brown bear down. Black bear sure but not brown. We do have brown bear here as well so that is the threat I plan for.
    Pat
    Would OOO down a 600# Black Bear safely/reliably/comfortably for you? (reason I ask is my friends live where Black Bear also live)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast