Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oldcrusty72's DSA OSW

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

oldcrusty72's DSA OSW

I'm just hosting pics for Tim -- I will let him talk about it if he wants (and why he carries it *I think its for the cool point he gets with the girls at the REO )

He has not hit the Larue generation yet, but I am working on it.

One good thing about this gun (from being in the car with him) is you really know when he is putting down fire - the entire car reverberates.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very cool! My brother has been toying with the idea of building one of those.

Has anybody tried a KX3 on one of these little beasts?

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's a great little firebreather there!

I'm guessing no one wants to be on either side of him when he cuts loose though.....
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Hi guys,

as you can guess i'm currently working with Kevin and he's been kind enough to put these pics up for me. Thanks mate.

As he said this is my daily carry primary and has been for the last 2 years over here. I carried the Australian SLR version when i first joined the army years ago so when this FN cam up i grabed hold of it, didn't take long for the muscle memery to kick back in. It was incomplete when i got it but came at the best price, free. Thanks to another mate in the US i was able to get hold of some parts from DSA to get it going again. Due to the fact we work out of cars and close areas in the cities I opted for the 11" front end. If i had my time again would go for the 13 or 16.25 with short gas system (just for a bit more muzzle velocity). Like i said i've had it on the road for 2 years and never has let me down yet. Because it's 7.62 you can't shoot it like an M4, like all larger calibers it need to keep a lower rate of fire to keep it going. It's full auto, but kicks like a real gun so single shots only when it counts. But having said that to get it singing fast on the range is a heap of fun, it blows huge flames out the front and throw you around like a Bitch. I used to run an EoTec on it, i'm not real keen on them and it also used to get punishd by the cases comming out, much happier with an Aimpoint again.
    A KX3 would probably help it out too, as being so short in the barrel it's loud as hell. I'd be keen to hear if anyone has tried one and how it went.

Be glad to answer any questions if youhave them,

Tim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Weapon looks sweet!!!!
    What a BEAST, you can only attempt to tame it.
    But the "ready to go" winch set-up on the front
    of the truck is truly tricked out.

Feedback Score
    Nice thumper.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcrusty72 View Post
    Hi guys,

as you can guess i'm currently working with Kevin and he's been kind enough to put these pics up for me. Thanks mate.

As he said this is my daily carry primary and has been for the last 2 years over here. I carried the Australian SLR version when i first joined the army years ago so when this FN cam up i grabed hold of it, didn't take long for the muscle memery to kick back in. It was incomplete when i got it but came at the best price, free. Thanks to another mate in the US i was able to get hold of some parts from DSA to get it going again. Due to the fact we work out of cars and close areas in the cities I opted for the 11" front end. If i had my time again would go for the 13 or 16.25 with short gas system (just for a bit more muzzle velocity). Like i said i've had it on the road for 2 years and never has let me down yet. Because it's 7.62 you can't shoot it like an M4, like all larger calibers it need to keep a lower rate of fire to keep it going. It's full auto, but kicks like a real gun so single shots only when it counts. But having said that to get it singing fast on the range is a heap of fun, it blows huge flames out the front and throw you around like a Bitch. I used to run an EoTec on it, i'm not real keen on them and it also used to get punishd by the cases comming out, much happier with an Aimpoint again.
    [red]A KX3 would probably help it out too, as being so short in the barrel it's loud as hell. I'd be keen to hear if anyone has tried one and how it went.[/red]

Be glad to answer any questions if youhave them,

Tim
    i run one(kx3) on a 11" and am amazed at how well it work at controlling muzzle climb
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the cheshire Cat, "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're
    mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" asked Alice.
    "You must be," said the cheshire Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

--Lewis Carroll

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very nice. I am waiting on my DSA FAL right now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sweet. I really need to get one of those beast.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good God man, you're lucky the muzzle blast doesnt peel loose the window seals.

That's a real crowd pleaser.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast