Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparation on a budget

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Aldi's Food Store has been selling those vacuum space saver bags you see on TV for $3.99 a box. Each box includes Large, Medium and small bags were you pack your clothes or other compact-able items then use a vacuum to suck the air Thur a value collapsing the bag down 70% to 75%. We picked up several boxes and use some to re-pack are Bug-Out clothing, blankets, sleeping bags and coats and I cant believe how much space we saved in the camper, at least 70%. So far all the bags have held their seal and they are reusable.

https://www.spacebag.com/?mid=563894

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Target has a end of season clearance sale on Coleman Camping gear which covers tents, camping stoves, pot, pans, 5 and 7 gallon water jugs, camp lighting and more. My local store is 50% off and is supposed to be further reduced to 70% off just before 12-23 so a Target sales person stated.

I picked up a new camp stove, a tent ventilation fan and some cooking gear for now and if the price drops any further I can get a price adjustment within 30 days. The store had good stock so if you need to build up that BUG -OUT camping gear now is a great time to do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Target has a end of season clearance sale on Coleman Camping gear which covers tents, camping stoves, pot, pans, 5 and 7 gallon water jugs, camp lighting and more. My local store is 50% off and is supposed to be further reduced to 70% off just before 12-23 so a Target sales person stated.

I picked up a new camp stove, a tent ventilation fan and some cooking gear for now and if the price drops any further I can get a price adjustment within 30 days. The store had good stock so if you need to build up that BUG -OUT camping gear now is a great time to do so.
    That's awesome, thanks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just a price alert,

Cabela's has a $20.00 off a $100.00 purchase which can be used for ammo. They are currently selling PMC 9mm 124gr FMJ boxes of 50rds for $8.99, so if you buy 11 boxes of 50rd it comes to $98.89 plus $5.94 in tax for a total of $104.83. Now minus the $20.00 and the finial cost of 550rds of 9mm is $84.83, if you take the wife a long she can do the same for a total of 1100rds for 169.66. Ask for the coupon at the customer service desk.

While its not the greatest deal its not bad for the current ammunition situation.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    All Wal-Marts are having a clearance on Remington Hunting Gear which covers Back packs, Waist belt with multi-bag attachments, over the shoulder camo bags and day packs. Prices for all items were under $10.00 and from judging from the pre-sale prices it about 75% to 80% off. The Back Packs have good back support and are roomy for a decent sized one or two person BUG out pack, the waist belt could cover smaller items in its five storage areas and the day bags are just that.

The gear looked fresh and not picked over so they maybe clearing out a warehouse and dumping it on the stores.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While shopping the other day I noticed that all the retail stores that sold Christmas scented candles and other holiday themed candles were selling them at insane prices to dump the stock. Now when the lights go out who really cares if your candle is scented or of a holiday themed as long as its long lasting and provides light. I picked up twenty 12"inch fat pillar candles which sold for $19.99 each for a dollar per candle. From reading the bottom sticker it states that the candle should last for 48 hours of continual use so my SHTF stores now have a decent light source if the power goes out for a extended period of time.

Feedback Score
    http://www.do1thing.us/calendar.php

this may be of interest.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just a note on all those Korean made Glock Model-19, 17, 18 clone magazines which sell from $9.99 to $12.99. As far as I can tell they are extremely close to the originals and I have been using them for about 6 months in IDPA and numerous range sessions and have found them to be 100% reliable in several of my Glock 9mm pistols. The 33rd versions are a best buy at $12.99.

Here's a link were to get the Model-17, 18 & 19 magazines, Free shipping and no sales tax unless you live in PA

http://www.dansammo.com/odds.asp

He will have the Model-22 magazines in shortly

Also offers a L/E discount
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 02-16-10 at 18:51.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here are the back-up generators that I use and once again they are on sale for $399.99

Stat's

KingCraft 6,000-Watt
    Electric Generator
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6,000-watt surge, 5,000 watts of continuous power
    Two 120V outlets, one 120V twist-lock outlet, one 12V DC outlet
    13-horsepower 4-cycle OHV engine with recoil start
    Runs nine hours at 1/2 load on 6.6 gallons of fuel
    Includes mobility kit with 8'' semipneumatic tires and handle

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Smokey Mountain Knifeworks is have some great deals right now. WWW.SMKW.com

Specials end March 1, 2010. No shipping on orders over $75.00 (Feb 28th end)

Spend $50 get 10% off code FEB10

Spend $75 get 15% off code FEB15

Spend $100 get 20% off code FEB20

I have used them many times in my life; they have great shipping, customer service and low prices before the coupons. Happy Shopping!

Also Cabela's has a sale

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...equestid=23632

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast