Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Suppressor Brands

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Armament View Post
    I find it funny grown men obsess about mere ounces on their weapon.
    I'm absolutely astonished that you would use a professional persona to utter such a statement.
    Last edited by SethB; 01-02-11 at 01:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Mere ounces? 8 ounces at the end of the rifle is worth a pound in the middle. More, on a longer barrel.
    Yes, a half pound on a 10 pound rifle is nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by SethB View Post
    I'm absolutely astonished that you would use a professional persona to utter such a statement.
    Then you just don't understand my point.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    You are not going to have your silencer on the gun when you have to shoot someone in your house or out the window of your car, or defend your property from some other threat, or during an extended training session.

Scott. I agree with 90% of the things you say, but some of us NFA registries use a suppressor on all the long guns we own. All of mine are set up for it, I'm just waiting on my stamp for the other 2 QDSS-NT4 cans. Home defence use in mind.

I plan on building a Colt 727 clone (except with a 11.5'' barrel) with a Nodak Upper + A2 Aperture, FailZero BC, LMT Enhanced Bolt, Gunfighter CH, Colt Commando CAR stock, A1 grip, and a Nodak XM16E1 lower, for a car gun. As a car gun, it'll STILL be run suppressed.

My current (KAC) car gun is. Until they say it's illegal, I'm going to do it.
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 01-02-11 at 05:25.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ounces become pounds.

I am generally more astonished that grown men are so frightened of appearing weak among their peers that they will ignore reality.

Regardless of whether you are Charles Atlas or Pee Wee Herman, you can carry X ounces for Y amount of time, and they are inversely related. As X increases, Y decreases, and vice-versa. Atlas' X and Y are different than Herman's, but the formula is true for both.

Similarly, a lever is a lever, regardless of whether you are Atlas or Herman. Push X further away from the muscles supporting it and Y will decrease as well. Bring X closer to the muscles supporting it and Y increases.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not to pile on but here is a comment a SEAL, who is an SME on the site made in a discussion regarding adding 1-2 inches to his 10.5" carbine barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Climb into a HMMWV or MRAP fully kitted up for a few hours and you will understand that everything counts in large amounts.
    People who use their carbines daily like our warfighters and others who use them for extended periods of time are more weight conscious because as Rob pointed out , you cant ignore a universal principle. Now some have different needs and they may have different requirements. Weight may not be high on the list of concerns for them.
    Last edited by parishioner; 01-02-11 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If I find myself carrying my AR-15, fully kitted up in a HMMMV my reality may change. So far, getting in and out of my Tacoma with a 10.5" suppressed gun in my gear is "ok"...

Though I still see pictures of our guys with 14.5" barrels with flash hiders (~16") and PEQ's and grippods, or worse the old Surefire M900's, or two lights one IR and one white -- which are as long and nearly as heavy as my 10.5" carbine with a suppressor. What's their secret?

All that being said, I think we've strayed way too far off this topic with this line of discussion. I am content on discussing it, but maybe someone else should start a new thread outside NFA where it would be better suited?
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    The theme of this thread sounds to be geared towards civilian recreational shooting, not professional warfighting/defense. Weight considerations are an issue for the soldier. I don't think civilians need to be so concerned as many are.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    I guess I should update my profile to reflect my current occupation.

But in the mean time, I hardly need a lecture on weight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I never said they weren't

The problem that I see is, most "screw on style suppressed all the time people" use their gun at the range and not for any real world use. They do not operate out of a vehicle with it or in the outdoors for any extended period of time.
    Scottryan,

What type of "real world use" do you put your weapons through, or what environment do you "operate" in?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    If I find myself carrying my AR-15, fully kitted up in a HMMMV my reality may change. So far, getting in and out of my Tacoma with a 10.5" suppressed gun in my gear is "ok"...
    Definitely. Most here aren't going to be fully kitted up getting in and out of vehicles every day so weight isn't the top priority. I was just trying to point out that to some, those ounces matter.

Suppresser brands......

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast