Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The HK MR556 hits the streets.

Feedback Score
    I was under the impression that the notch will be a part of the MR556.

My concern is issues that have popped up in 416's in excess of 20,000+ rounds and adding in another "feature" IOT eliminate the ability to swap one bolt for another, adds in another unknown and AFAIK a relatively untested, potential problem point, changing how the reciprocating bolt carrier assembly interacts with the receiver and barrel extension… or possibly this is will take stresses of the bolt and minimize the previous issues.

The carrier tilt issue and how it affects the extension tube are not the issue that I am concerned with. I know how it interfaces with the notch, and I have seen that picture before, what I was looking for was wear patterns in the receiver that may be indicative of other stresses that may be applied in the early stages of the firing chain when the piston is striking the bolt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    I was under the impression that the notch will be a part of the MR556.

My concern is issues that have popped up in 416's in excess of 20,000+ rounds and adding in another "feature" IOT eliminate the ability to swap one bolt for another, adds in another unknown and AFAIK a relatively untested, potential problem point, changing how the reciprocating bolt carrier assembly interacts with the receiver and barrel extension… or possibly this is will take stresses of the bolt and minimize the previous issues.

The carrier tilt issue and how it affects the extension tube are not the issue that I am concerned with. I know how it interfaces with the notch, and I have seen that picture before, what I was looking for was wear patterns in the receiver that may be indicative of other stresses that may be applied in the early stages of the firing chain when the piston is striking the bolt.
    +1

I won't be able to tell you for about 2 years or so when I reach 20,000 rds plus...I plan on shooting that rifle a lot this summer and I eagerly want to see what issues if any will arise.. I have quit a few guns I want to shoot so money for ammo has to be dispersed..

Definitely want to see what you guys down South find in regards to performance if I decide to pick up an MR556 or just stay with the MR223.

In all probability though if our DD line ever gets up here, that is my next purchase, excited about there 10.3..

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678