Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking to buy a new BCG

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    As others have stated bcm, dd, lmt are all gtg. If you wanted something a little different and fancier you could get a young manufacturing national match through Rainier, which will be staked. I have one and have been happy with it....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit4161 View Post
    Take a look at Spike's Tactical Nickel Boron BCG. It is done by FailZero...
    Hmm... AIM has a few in stock for $225. I've been thinking about getting one to replace my hard chrome RRA bolt.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...up&groupid=150
    Last edited by Hop; 02-10-11 at 21:30.

Feedback Score

A Lead Infusion Would Go Good About Now!!
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

Feedback Score
    Okay so after doing the spousal unit a few favors etc, I have increased the budget to $500..

So here is what I plan on getting with that money.

BCM BCG FA - $140
    VLTOR A5 system - $105
    B.A.D.-A.S.S. + Geissele SSA combo - $217
    BCM GFCH - $47

With shipping and everything it comes to $517.

Everything will go on my SR-15 upper rifle and the BCG & CH will go on the BCM Carbine upper. The lower for the BCM carbine has a DD LPK which comes with a very nice trigger for an LPK anyway.

So my SR15 will have the B.A.D. and the Geissele SSA trigger placed into the SPike's lower.

The BCM Carbine will be on a BM lower I had laying around until I can get my hands on blemished Noveske or BCM. Or a new one at a show or something, which I never ever see at the shows.

I do not want to order a BCM or Noveske lower online only to have to pay $50 for the FFL fees. But few dealers in my area carry quality products.

Funny thing - I went to a dealer a few weeks ago and him and I were talking and I asked him how business was and he said slow. I asked why he thinks business is slow. He wasn't sure but relegated it the economy. I said well I can't find any of the stuff I need online right now because everything I need is out of stock here or there and I would spend a fortune on shipping if I buy from various sites. He then asked me why I by online when he has everything I need and it is in stock.

Uh oh... I'm quite at this point. And he has a smirk on his face which quickly subsided when I told him the truth. I said because I want the quality products. You don't carry the lines form mfrs such as BCM, DD, CMT, Noveske, LMT, etc. He then proceeded he carries Stag, and I just looked at him. He knew exactly what I was thinking so I didn't need to say it.

He concluded that if he were to carry those lines in his store nobody would buy them since they are more expensive. I agreed, so I said just carry one of them. Go with LMT. But i also said, start carrying more Magpul and lose the UTG crap. It may "look" cool, but it is junk. Start carrying Gearsector, VLTOR, DD, LaRue, etc. I said you have EOTech and Aimpoint, but no quality QD mounts. People want a one stop shop. You do tis and you will corner the market here with members of the LE/Mil and hobbyists like me.

Then I would be buying from you. Me and a lot of others. So we'll see if it goes anywhere. Probably not. But he can't say nobody told him.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Congrats on your purchase and good luck with the discussion you had with your local vendor. My guess is it won't make much difference because just like my local shop they probably sell a ton of DPMSs, Judge's, etc., and are making money doing it.

Hence why I got a box in the mail from DSG today; hopefully a box from Bravo Company on Monday and getting ready to put in an order with G&R today
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Feedback Score
    Yeah I just got a box from DSG yesterday and built my lower at my desk while in conference calls. The only thing I couldn't do at the desk was the two roll pins. so I had to wait till I was done working to install the bolt catch and the Magpul enhanced aluminum trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Too bring back this thread...

I ordered a Spike's Tactical Nickel Boron M16 BCG for my "Shrubmaster" and a few other upgrades from Larue... figured i should give some love to Shruby now and then...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123