Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing the Geissele SSA-E Trigger

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice tutorial. I will add that I use the slave pin to hold the left side of the hammer, then line up the right side and start the pin from the right, pushing out the slave as is goes into position. The only reason the pins go the way they do is if you have a fully automatic weapon.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks very straightforward. I installed a Geissele Hi-Speed a few years ago and it required some fussing to set the pull weights, but the SSA install looks absolutely painless. Not that there is anything wrong with the Hi-Speed, but the SSA-E makes it that much more reliable with nothing to work loose. I haven't heard of Hi-Speed issues so the SSA should be practically invincible.

How is the pin fit going in? Were they pretty snug with no rotation when cycling the trigger by hand?

I work two blocks from Rainier so I think I'll have to stop by. It's been a while, but I hear they have an actual storefront now. It used to be a loading bay and tiny office behind another building.
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice write up.
    There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs to freedom.

Garet Garrett 1938

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Many thanks...

...for a great tutorial. Already passed on to a friend who will be installing a Geissele shortly.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesiumsponge View Post
    I work two blocks from Rainier so I think I'll have to stop by. It's been a while, but I hear they have an actual storefront now. It used to be a loading bay and tiny office behind another building.
    Yeah they have a nice shop now. They have demo lowers with all of the Geiselle triggers and a few others to try out. Free espresso too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just used this to install a Geissele SD-C.

I have no mechanic ability and the pics helped a lot.

Thanks MistWolf

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Yeah they have a nice shop now. They have demo lowers with all of the Geiselle triggers and a few others to try out. Free espresso too.
    I would love to be able to try out all of their different triggers in one place! The SSA feels great to me so I'd guess the E version would be even sweeter. Espresso sounds pretty good too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great explanation on how to put one of these in.

Using the pictures and everything I was able to install a Geissele S3G Trigger in my new BCM lower in like 30 minutes.

And then had to take it back out cause I forgot to lube it...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the writeup, just used it to install one.

Feedback Score

Gisselle SSA Trigger

I just finished installing my first SSA trigger into a standard 5.56 lower.

The write-up was useful thank you. I also found a couple of You-Tube videos which were helpful as well.

This was very much a learning experience for myself. It took me over an hour and I needed a second set of hands because my trigger pin from the original RRA installed 2-stage wouldn't come-out very easily.
    I really had to give it a few good whacks with the 6 oz rubber hammer.
    I also learned that it is very useful to work on a hardwood bench.

I would encourage others who are considering installing an SSA to give-it a try. If you take your time and work carefully it is not that difficult to accomplish.
    -After completing the assembly, I took it apart and re-assembled the SSA a couple of times for the practice. I think the next one well take less than a half-hour if there are no stuck pins involved.

I functioned tested mine and it passed but problaby won't be able to put any rounds through-it for another week. These trigger assemblies are really high quality and have a smooth, crisp break.

Comparing the parts to the RRA is really revealing, because there is a definite difference in the quality.
    SkiDevil

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast