Thread: Tips for stippling AR pistol grips

Feedback Score

Tips for stippling AR pistol grips

I have very little experience with stippling and was wondering what everyone's tips/tricks are for stippling their pistol grips was. Do you use a certain grit sandpaper, dremel tool/acc., a combination? Thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wood burning tool. I did fine stippling on my Glock, but I also made a more jagged tip for aggressive textures.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Wood burning tool. I did fine stippling on my Glock, but I also made a more jagged tip for aggressive textures.
    Would it transfer any different to a an AR pistol grip? I only have experience with glock stippling also.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I did my Glock and the Umbrella grip. Was the exact same. I used a electric soldering iron and it was fine. It worked out decent enough for a pretty agressive texture. If I had anything else to stipple I would probably play around with the wood burning kit.

There's a reason some of the guys make decent money doing it. If I handed mine to you, you would assume I did it. I'm also the guy that cracked my 4runner bumper at Windrock and put jbweld on it until I hit it harder and replace it with a metal bumper... so there's that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I did my Glock and the Umbrella grip. Was the exact same. I used a electric soldering iron and it was fine. It worked out decent enough for a pretty agressive texture. If I had anything else to stipple I would probably play around with the wood burning kit.

There's a reason some of the guys make decent money doing it. If I handed mine to you, you would assume I did it. I'm also the guy that cracked my 4runner bumper at Windrock and put jbweld on it until I hit it harder and replace it with a metal bumper... so there's that.
    Nice, nice haha. Thank for the tip on the soldering iron. I'll probably try that out and a wood burner since those or most accessible to me and then touch up with sand paper.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by APOModern View Post
    Nice, nice haha. Thank for the tip on the soldering iron. I'll probably try that out and a wood burner since those or most accessible to me and then touch up with sand paper.
    Hold off on the sand paper at first. You may like the texture depending on how you stipple. My glock has fine stippling that's almost not grippy enough.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v