Thread: 308 light weight build 2A Armament or V7?

Feedback Score

308 light weight build 2A Armament or V7?

Back story, I've built a couple of AR15 and talking with my boss about building a AR10 variant on an off for a couple of years.

Well today while setting up for a private function(he hosts a lot of fundraisers for non profit charities $150 to $3000 per table)

He basically told me to quit talking about it an start ordering parts for a lightweight 308 build, because he wants to build one to.
    For the learning experience..

Should i order all parts from v7 and fill in as needed from other vendors

Or

Order from 2A Armament and fill in as needed?

Basics 16 inch barrel most likely running suppressed,
    Receiver SET from either manufacture
    Adjustable gas block
    What ever light weight internals as long as it function correctly
    Geissle sd-c
    Lv optic either a new Vortex Razor 1x6 or Nightforce 1x8

Thoughts

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    If you order either brand, order from a vendor on sale. The manufacturers usually cost full retail. July 4th is coming.

Can’t go wrong with either one. Quality companies with excellent CS. I have a 2a Xanthos in 6.5CM. Some don’t like the handguard attachment method but it works fine for me. The VSeven barrel nut likely needs to be timed. You can get either one under 8lbs before optics.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My experience has been much better with V7 product than the 2A stuff. None of it was 308 flavor though.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    If you order either brand, order from a vendor on sale. The manufacturers usually cost full retail. July 4th is coming.

Can’t go wrong with either one. Quality companies with excellent CS. I have a 2a Xanthos in 6.5CM. Some don’t like the handguard attachment method but it works fine for me. The VSeven barrel nut likely needs to be timed. You can get either one under 8lbs before optics.
    Not doing anything special I was just over 8lbs before optics for my 16" build. Used std forged receivers, Zev/Mega wedgelock handguard, and Faxon 16" middy med-con.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    My experience has been much better with V7 product than the 2A stuff. None of it was 308 flavor though.
    I have nothing bad to say about 2A. In fact, I'm building a 16" AR10 for my buddy on Saturday with one of their handguards. But V7 has always made top quality product. Yeah, they're expensive when not on sale..... but the quality and finishing is always just tops. I have MANY V7 parts throughout my builds, and have built using their lightweight aluminum receivers for a buddy. Which came already trued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."