Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rant

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    After the 'whine forum' started was there a noticeable improvement in the tech threads?

Does ST have a General Discussion forum?

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Precisely. Keep the rants and conspiracy theories out of other subforums.
    +1
    I was going to recommend that. Like having a non-modded, non-post-count-bumping forum for people who just wanna hash it out.

One thing I'd like to add is that a short "How to Search" video and relevant quiz prior to registration would cut down on a lot of these redundant threads.

Also, check my sig. I'd love to participate in the GD, but I have way more interesting forums to spend time on, only because I can't post in GD, and don't feel like posting 196 more times to get that right. So, I wish the post count minimum for GD was reduced to, say 75. I think that if a GD topic got out of hand, it could be moved to the Rant & whine forum by a mod to prevent messing up the GD atmosphere.

edit:
    Aside from a Rant & whine forum, a political forum could also be made. Maybe as a child board of GD or something, but the same rules would apply to the political & GD forums, but it would keep most political discussions out of GD.

/lurk
    Last edited by SeawolfIV; 10-25-12 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeawolfIV View Post
    +1

Also, check my sig. I'd love to participate in the GD, but I have way more interesting forums to spend time on, only because I can't post in GD, and don't feel like posting 196 more times to get that right. So, I wish the post count minimum for GD was reduced to, say 75.
    You missed the frickin' point.

The point of this site isn't for people to talk about whatever is talked about in GD.

If you want to participate on this site, you might want to try participating in the non-GD section of the site.

Personally, I'd just like GD to go away, and never come back. It is a pointless waste of time, where people who are unqualified to discuss things feel free to spread a bunch of nonsense....

Feedback Score
    DS, I realize what you mean. But, I believe that GD can build the community. I'd love to get together with people in my area, but I won't wanna shoot with someone just cause I was given advice on a rail system or something. I'm just disconnected from this forum, because I can't talk with other people in a casual manner like in other forums.

So what I'm saying is that I don't have a huge incentive to post in the other forums, because I generally don't have questions or aren't knowledgeable enough to reply, and always search and find answers when I do have questions.

And I realize that this forum wasn't created to get people together to chat, but I'd still like to. I've got no other purpose for this forum than for the search button and to see opinions of other like-minded people.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    After the 'whine forum' started was there a noticeable improvement in the tech threads?

Does ST have a General Discussion forum?

-Jax
    I have no idea.

Yes, "Random Talk."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    DS, I realize what you mean. But, I believe that GD can build the community. I'd love to get together with people in my area, but I won't wanna shoot with someone just cause I was given advice on a rail system or something. I'm just disconnected from this forum, because I can't talk with other people in a casual manner like in other forums.

So what I'm saying is that I don't have a huge incentive to post in the other forums, because I generally don't have questions or aren't knowledgeable enough to reply, and always search and find answers when I do have questions.

And I realize that this forum wasn't created to get people together to chat, but I'd still like to. I've got no other purpose for this forum than for the search button and to see opinions of other like-minded people.
    Strong argument for Regional Training Group specific GDs.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The Regional Training Group area is way underused.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Also, check my sig. I'd love to participate in the GD, but I have way more interesting forums to spend time on...

All things considered with your specific comments after a whopping 5 posts I suspect we are better off.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Also, check my sig.
    I did, and it was edited for profanity. Please act like a responsible adult vice a petulant child.

Thanks.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    You missed the frickin' point.

The point of this site isn't for people to talk about whatever is talked about in GD.

If you want to participate on this site, you might want to try participating in the non-GD section of the site.

Personally, I'd just like GD to go away, and never come back. It is a pointless waste of time, where people who are unqualified to discuss things feel free to spread a bunch of nonsense....
    Wanted to make sure this didn't get glossed over. It has gotten absurd as of late IMHO. The conspiracy shit is getting way out of hand, and it dilutes a lot of the quality input from those not wrapped in Reynolds wrap... I think it has created a lot of divisiveness amongst members and I don't see any real up side to having it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast