Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Aug vs...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Yes I agree. I just got one today. So many cool guns other then AR’s out right now. For the price, the ARX is tough to beat.
    By the time I thought a few minutes about getting another they were sold out.

I wonder how many they got? I'll bet a couple dozen or less. I wonder if they were returns or factory blem guns that were fixed? Or perhaps send-backs from dealers?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    According to a thread on TOS, they had 150+ and sold out over a couple days, but reappeared and disappeared again several times after that displaying “10+” each time until they were sold out and removed from the site.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Something about the barrel profile does it for me. As with M4s it's a useless feature for us since we won't be using rifle grenades, but it still is distinctive for me. Probably has something to do with looking at that Remtek page in in the early days of the internet.
    Wow, taking me back. I remember being in High school in the late 90s and drooling over that page. It certainly fueled my love for black rifles and launched me to where I am today.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I definitely hold Remtek responsible for alot of my guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    You don't buy a Krinkov or CR model to keep the 16" barrel. You are buying it to SBR and want it to have the proper gas port size once you get your Form 1 or 4 approved. Normally you just use a buffer in the back while waiting for SBR approval. They even went so far as later putting grommets in the gas port to restrict the extra back pressure which can be removed later once SBR'd.
    The 106CR that I sent back was so overgassed, that a buffer wouldn't have made a bit of a difference. I've never seen such an overgassed rifle in all my life. As for the grommets, one wasn't in this rifle. While I did buy the rifle with the intent to SBR it, I'll repeat myself. Most people who purchase these rifles have no intention of SBR'ing them. Thus, they're left with rifles that are unreliable and beat the crap out of themselves. It's beyond my understand how a "gun" company can still be doing this after over ten years. They should at least sell the rifle as SBR ready with a notification that it's not to be shot without chopping the barrel. Arsenal Nevada is just incompetently managed. Yes the configurations are cool, but for what they charge they should be a well operated company.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    Interesting conversation. OP if you have ever wanted a SAN sig you should go for it. After buying mine I could never get interested in ARs or AKs again. I stopped buying Gucci gear for AR15s and started saving up for another Swiss rifle. They are heirloom quality firearms.

Feedback Score
    I own all the 5.56 550 series guns except the 552. All of them plus a CH Armee and a 553R. They are my primary "go to" rifle. I do have ARs to teach with and to have, because they are the company gun and will be for the indeterminate future. I also have 2 Augs. If I was starting now, based on cost of acquisition, cost of parts, and cost of magazines, I would go with an AUG. I have 60-80 magazines for the 550, but if I was starting now, at 70 bucks a pop, it would be hard to build up a stash. 42 rounders for the AUG are cheap by comparison. Either way, you won't go wrong. You could also look at the B&T offerings.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    If you want something “different”, I’d look at the CZ 805 Bren. I love mine. That rifle is as bomb proof as it gets. I’m waiting for the Bren 2 to become available. That’ll be my next SBR for sure.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast