Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RCBS Chargemaster ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I'm so cheap I never moved from the powder measure + trickler for stick powder.

Andy
    I still have that yellow electric trickler that I dragged out of the closet. It's starting to look really good.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just loaded 300 rounds of 77 gr CFE223 and I think I had three .1 gr over throws.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Mark whats wrong with it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I'm so cheap I never moved from the powder measure + trickler for stick powder.

Andy
    Exactly me too. Why spend $300.+ on something that needs modifications to work right. I can throw, weigh, and trickle up two loads a minute. The Chargemaster hardly does better than my 40 year old Uniflow. Plus all my stuff works without electricity. YMMV

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Double post
    Last edited by BobinNC; 07-31-22 at 11:14.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    Exactly me too. Why spend $300.+ on something that needs modifications to work right? I can throw, weigh, and trickle up two loads a minute. The Chargemaster hardly does better than my 40-year-old Uniflow. Plus all my stuff works without electricity. YMMV
    I hear you for sure. I have never tried an RCBS Uniflow but have used my Pacific/Readding powder measure along with the Lyman 55 which is supposed to be the king of powder cutting for stick powder. My Reading didn't cut it as my Lyman 55 didn't,, I wouldn't say either one is a champ for stick powder. So with that said I have been using the Lee powder dippers with great accuracy & reasonable speed "but" I have wanted the Chargemaster for a while and finally sold some extra stuff & came up with the cash! Maybe I'll scour Ebay for a Uniflow @ a fair price just to try it. I know once I get the Chargemaster figured out it will be a great addition to my bench & am looking forward to it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My RCBS Uniflows ( I have 2) are no longer bone stock after nearly 40 years (one has the large cylinder & the other has the small). I've added an RCBS Micrometer Adjustment Screw, Powder Baffle, and I use the small measure cylinder for .223/5.56 loading. I have had no trouble with H-322, Benchmark, Reloader 12, and Reloader 15 in the extruded powder line. I also use an approach to weight system and set my Uniflow to throw 0.2 grains low and then I trickle up.

TAC on the other hand measures like water, and I can hold it to 0.1 grains low with it. Going over charge wastes time, but a little under is solved quickly with the trickler. I use a Frankford Powder Trickler BTW.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yet another double post??
    Last edited by BobinNC; 08-01-22 at 10:41.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    My RCBS Uniflows ( I have 2) are no longer bone stock after nearly 40 years (one has the large cylinder & the other has the small). I've added an RCBS Micrometer Adjustment Screw, Powder Baffle, and I use the small measure cylinder for .223/5.56 loading. I have had no trouble with H-322, Benchmark, Reloader 12, and Reloader 15 in the extruded powder line. I also use an approach to the weight system and set my Uniflow to throw 0.2 grains low and then I trickle up.

TAC on the other hand measures like water, and I can hold it to 0.1 grains low with it. Going over charge wastes time, but a little under is solved quickly with the trickier. I use a Frankford Powder Trickler BTW.
    Thanks for the info! I know these powders cause the biggest problem (IMR4064/4895, etc ) and most long grain stick so I will deal with that as time goes on. I load a lot of 06 for my M1s & 1903A3s so I prefer the IMR & H powders. I have started using TAC in my 223/556 loads so that should be a big winner for me even though the TAC ran through my Dillon with 0 issues. I have always hated tricklers but realize they have their place, LOL I appreciate all the input and take it all in,, so thanks to all!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Mark whats wrong with it
    Overthrowing charges. 200 rounds of .308 was a marathon on that damned thing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast