Page 261 of 311 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Awesome picture....that American flag is so cool!

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Awesome picture....that American flag is so cool!
    Thanks. Check out MERK Flags LLC on Facebook and instagram... I may know the guy that makes em, lol.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Got a DBAL I2 for my contract overrun. Gonna get a new LaRue Mount so my optic can sit a bit higher. I’ll be running this in conjunction with my PVS14 out of my deer blind for the night time predator hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Ran the suppressed South American flawlessly today after installing the XH buffer. Also, a quick note about Canteen Green, but I wanted to highlight how the color might appear to the camera and the eye depending on the lighting conditions. Up top, the pic was taken on my back deck with an overcast. Down below, same day and a few minutes later, taken from my porch under shade. The images weren't altered in any way. In outdoor daylight conditions you get that nice bright "Hulk" green hue, while under less than stellar lighting conditions it can appear to be a darker shade of OD/Army green.

Did you get the 0 MOA or the 20 MOA mount for the MK5 scope?

Feedback Score
    Hi all,

After reading all of these posts and the thread on SH, I decided to get my first 308. Can't tell you how awesome this community was in making my decision. Ordered the MARS H lower, MLOK handguard/upper and an XH buffer/spring. I plan on running this suppressed 100% of the time with a Dead Air Sandman S. I received a ton of helpful advice for suppressor and buffer choice and how it's a great match for the 13.5" barrel.

If I decide to wait to e-file Form 1 it, what is a good back up plan? Get the 20" SS and have ADCO/Marvin Pitts cut it down to 16" with a rifle length gas setup or get the 16" LW SS and cut it down to 14.5" with mid-length gas and p/w my Dead Air brake.

I plan on using my Sandman S but after reading how good the new OSS 762 HD is for it, I may switch to that and have it live on the 13.5" after my stamp arrive and keep the Sandman S on my KAC 16" Mod 2 and BRT 16" MPC.

Thoughts?

Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shondamron View Post
    Hi all,

After reading all of these posts and the thread on SH, I decided to get my first 308. Can't tell you how awesome this community was in making my decision. Ordered the MARS H lower, MLOK handguard/upper and an XH buffer/spring. I plan on running this suppressed 100% of the time with a Dead Air Sandman S. I received a ton of helpful advice for suppressor and buffer choice and how it's a great match for the 13.5" barrel.

If I decide to wait to e-file Form 1 it, what is a good back up plan? Get the 20" SS and have ADCO/Marvin Pitts cut it down to 16" with a rifle length gas setup or get the 16" LW SS and cut it down to 14.5" with mid-length gas and p/w my Dead Air brake.

I plan on using my Sandman S but after reading how good the new OSS 762 HD is for it, I may switch to that and have it live on the 13.5" after my stamp arrive and keep the Sandman S on my KAC 16" Mod 2 and BRT 16" MPC.

Thoughts?

Thanks again!
    Congratulations on what sounds to be a sick set up.

As far as additional barrel it depends on what you'd want it for. I have both an 18" chopped to 16 and a 16 c/l chopped to 14.5 and pinned....Personally I'd wait as I would only use Marvin and you're more likely to have the efile approved before he would be finished with any barrel work.

What glass are you going to run?

Feedback Score
    Just got my quote sheet back from Marvin and 12 weeks isn't bad at all. Figure I can get the stamp in 30 days, shoot the 13.5" with the Sandman S and then have fun with the chopped down barrel. The 16" barrel would be for when I cross state lines so I don't have to worry about SBR paperwork in addtion to comparing it to the 13.5" in regards to recoil, smoothness and reliabilty with a suppressor. However, after watching that video of 13.5" in action, that might be all I need until I get the 6.5 Creedmoor for really long distance.

Glass for now will be my trust Vortex HD-E 1-6x or possibly save up for a Kahles 1-6x or try a NF 2-10x42 with offset irons/red dot.

How are your chopped down barrels with a suppressor? If suppressed, which one are you using?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shondamron View Post
    Just got my quote sheet back from Marvin and 12 weeks isn't bad at all. Figure I can get the stamp in 30 days, shoot the 13.5" with the Sandman S and then have fun with the chopped down barrel. The 16" barrel would be for when I cross state lines so I don't have to worry about SBR paperwork in addtion to comparing it to the 13.5" in regards to recoil, smoothness and reliabilty with a suppressor. However, after watching that video of 13.5" in action, that might be all I need until I get the 6.5 Creedmoor for really long distance.

Glass for now will be my trust Vortex HD-E 1-6x or possibly save up for a Kahles 1-6x or try a NF 2-10x42 with offset irons/red dot.

How are your chopped down barrels with a suppressor? If suppressed, which one are you using?

Thanks!

Copy. Marvin quoted my son the same and ended up being slightly longer the 16 weeks FYI. Not that we cared as he does excellent work and is very competent.

Never tried the Vortex, although it has a good following. Kahles is,..well Kahles, what's not to like. The NF isn't exactly the new kid on the block but I think a lot of people focus on cool kid minutia and forget focusing on the point of use foundation. The 2-10x42 is a very sound optic for that rifle. I am a fan of the 1-6's and 1-8's on the 762 gassers for all that they are in terms transonic and additionally all that they are lacking. I focus on 800 and in based off of the transonic limitations. However I like one that has 1/10th mil adjustments... the 1x is just gravy if well executed. I currently run a Leupold MK8 1-8 1/10th mil H27D on my 16" Rifle lengh gas/5R stainless and it is superb! I wish I could afford another. I'm a fan of the Leupold 1-6, except the 2/10th mil adjustments. I may still end up with one for my 14" pinned MLOK MWS, although I may be leaning towards the Trijicon 1-8 Mil/Mil because it offers 1/10th mil adjustments and is very affordable. Wouldn't mind the ATACR if funds end up allowing. I like the footprint of the NX8 1-8 as well but the adjustments are 2/10ths, but it's in the mix.

Haven't gotten a can yet as my State has recently lifted restriction. I assume reading this thread it would be a mixed bag and I would have to cater to each set-up.

Can't wait to see your rifle as it progresses. I like the concept of a SBR'd-ish, Heavy Reece. A lot of people complain about limitations, that I don't really feel is as applicable as perceived. The 762 round is capable at extreme distances as demonstrated by many. However I think based off the data you can achieve a very competent platform, set up as above, and still achieve applicable performance for which the cartridge is best suited. Horse and pony is fine, but the cartridge is suited for 800 and in, imho, based off of transonic data....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sprinkled some goodies on it

Feedback Score
    I'm planning on cutting a 16in .308 barrel down to 14.5 and permanently attaching a flash hider. Suppressor is a Rugged Razor. I would like to use this both suppressed and unsuppressed. Anyone have any good or bad experiences chopping a 16?

Page 261 of 311 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast