Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado, Magpul and the Second Amendment Need Your Help

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Meanwhile, Wyoming's legislation is going in an opposite direction than Colorado's on guns. Come on up, Magpul. We are the most business friendly state in the union and right up the road.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    It is the mold code. It is more of a QA/QC thing, it is not a legal requirement.
    Oh, ok, I see it now. So if you stipple your mags I suppose that's a good place to check your iron heat.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I'm from Wyoming and own part of a ranch out there. I plan to move back sooner or later. My family has been there ranching for over 100 years and we still have our original family homestead. I just like the whole idea of retiring with a pension by 50

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I'm from Wyoming and own part of a ranch out there. I plan to move back sooner or later. My family has been there ranching for over 100 years and we still have our original family homestead. I just like the whole idea of retiring with a pension by 50
    Yeah, I remember talking to you about WY. I just don't recall your location being VA. It's cornfusing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Oh, ok, I see it now. So if you stipple your mags I suppose that's a good place to check your iron heat.
    Magpul could simply do a run with no code now....and do a sterile run a year from now somewhere else after they move....no law broken as Colorado cannot demand they marks mags made in another state a certain way. There is nothing outside of their jurisdiction that can compel them to make the Colorado Prosecutors job easy.

Short of somebody running their blab, it would be virtually impossible to prosecute somebody in such possession.

I would not be suprised if they have not already made sterile mags for some of the three-letter boys.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 02-18-13 at 20:58.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah, I remember talking to you about WY. I just don't recall your location being VA. It's cornfusing.

He is kind of a dual citizen.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Magpul could simply do a run with no code now....and do a sterile run a year from now somewhere else....no law broken.
    This has already been discussed by an Industry Professional from Magpul on the previous page, only a few posts back. Try to keep up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This has already been discussed by an Industry Professional from Magpul on the previous page, only a few posts back. Try to keep up.
    I am keeping up and am a little bit ahead if I do say so. I read the last page and I figured it out about 5 seconds after I finished reading the actual text of the Colorado Bill a couple days ago.

Speaking as somebody who is a special kind of LE, I am used to dealing with Law. I can tell you, reading that bill, it will be a nightmare for the state to sucessfully prosecute. Short of somebody blabbing or catching somebody smuggling a truckload across the state lines, it will be almost impossible.

All they have accomplished is drive almost a thousand direct and a couple thousand indirect jobs out of Colorado.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 02-18-13 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am keeping up and am a little bit ahead if I do say so. I read the last page and I figured it out about 5 seconds after I finished reading the actual text of the Colorado Bill a couple days ago.

Speaking as somebody who is a special kind of LE, I am used to dealing with Law. I can tell you, reading that bill, it will be a nightmare for the state to sucessfully prosecute. Short of somebody blabbing or catching somebody smuggling a truckload across the state lines, it will be almost impossible.

All they have accomplished is drive almost a thousand direct and a couple thousand indirect jobs out of Colorado.
    Yep but they'll never even realize it let alone admit it. Hell, reps were even saying today on the house floor how they don't think Magpul will leave if granted an exemption. They just don't get it.

Feedback Score
    The problem is that it makes the ' prosecution' prove it. That means that you have already had the mags taken from you and you have been charged. Get a lawyer and get your mags back or give us the mags and we'll drop the charges. Beating the rap is the easy part, beating the ride is the hard part.

I don't know the specific CRSs, but for this level of misdemeanor in CO, would you get a ticket or would you get cuffed and stuffed?

I am sure that Denver will confiscate all 15+ mags and make you work to get them back.

What I'm really concerned about is if you are found even with what eventually turns out to be a legit mag, in the mean time are they going to use to use the fact that you have a suspect mag to get a search warrant for your house, car etc....

In the end, like most laws written by morons (Shields is a complete idiot) about things they don't understand, the law really will just make people go to WY or NM to pick up non or predate mags.

Thinking of a funny skit where a cop pulls someone over and notices a 30 round mag. The cop goes apeshit till the driver tells him to chill, that just what he uses to hold his weed.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast