Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: So, 1911 choice

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Good day, rocking a .45 in the a.m. and slinging shrimp after. Son caught the Red fish, I landed it for him when it got close enough. 15 lb braid, 2/0 hook on a Penn Fierce III 3000.

The targets are 185 Zero JHP 5.3/.5/.7 HP38 CCI 300 at 1.205. I do have to look at crimp, no issues with these at .471 but the 200 Berry FP had an issue locking. Don't see much difference between the 185 charges weights. Same crimp on the 185's, I chambered a couple and re measured, no difference.

25 yards, rested on block.

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Legality of SAP, I carry it every where I go. It is in my pocket, out of sight. I will worry if it is legal if I have to use it.

I have carried it all over the world and never had anyone say anything. If questioned it is for sexual massage

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Damn, those are some big fish!

And saps and blackjacks became legal for civilian carry in Texas on September 1, 2019.

Feedback Score
    How much comes off a fish that size?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Unknown right now as it catch and release only until May due to the Red Tide in my area last year. We estimated about 40"'s and as many pounds. That would make one heck of a filet!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    All you need is a fryer with some hot peanut oil, hush puppies and french fries!

Then invite all your friends to show off their 1911's. Do they have what we call "BBQ guns" in your neck of the woods?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You mean pimp guns? Haha! I know, when I was in Va. that was Friday night at "court" a buddy made grips and each week some would be sporting a new set. The "garage" had a bar tap/bar top/base from Bremerhaven (FRG) The tale's are tall there

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    All you need is a fryer with some hot peanut oil, hush puppies and french fries!

Then invite all your friends to show off their 1911's. Do they have what we call "BBQ guns" in your neck of the woods?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Since it has come up, anyone looking for a sap/blackjack..should check out Bad Love Leather...they make custom saps that are fantastic..
    P.s. I am in no way affiliated with the company...just a satified customer.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    You mean pimp guns? Haha! I know, when I was in Va. that was Friday night at "court" a buddy made grips and each week some would be sporting a new set. The "garage" had a bar tap/bar top/base from Bremerhaven (FRG) The tale's are tall there
    Got just the set of grips you need for a BBQ gun...

Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I've had a stainless TRP standard format for about awhile now and love it. Feeds everything, shoots awesome, can't say enough good about it. Did change the FLGR to a standard G.I. set up and added a flat wire recoil spring, but other then that it is stock Springer. Read a slogan "TRP stands for The Right Pistol" and it has been for me. Price was good, got it at a local gun store for well under MSRP. It has been my duty, off-duty, do anything go everywhere gun ever since I've had it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast