Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nick Wantland - VLTOR A5 Buffer System

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Some also prefer the shorter fully collapsed carbine setup for shooting “squared up” with body armor.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Can someone chime in on their experience with an adjustable gas block and the A5 recoil system? With an AGB, would it be worth $100+ converting from a carbine H1/H2 setup? Would the A5 need more or less gas setting? And what about with a mid-length or rifle length gas system?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    bobbytucson, when FCD ARs come out, we'd like to standardize on A5, we'll leave TDP spec REs, buffers and springs as options as well when A5 is unavailable.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Running a 16" intermediate length gas system with an AGB and A5 setup, 100% reliable with weak 223 all the way to 556 pressure ammo. Gas block set at 5 clicks from closed, SLR recommends starting @ 5-6 from closed, so no extra gas is needed to lock open when mag is empty. Runs well @ 4 clicks out, but set @ 5 for insurance when fouled.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    i really dont why it isnt standard issue and build spec for all manufacturers by now in 2019
    OMG because it isn't in the TDP.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    OMG because it isn't in the TDP.
    Does anyone besides me NOT give a rat's ass about the TDP? My bet is 99% of the manufacturers who claim to adhere to it are blowing smoke up our asses and we have NO way to prove they don't. That probably includes the beloved COLT. The fanboys will argue that mil spec cannot be improved upon. I beg to differ.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Everything on this site used to be TDP, TDP, TDP, and more TDP.

To suggest something like the A5 should come standard on rifles would be blasphemy and you would be burned as a heretic.

Feedback Score
    I've always been a huge believer in the A5 system. I sincerely feel that if Vltor can keep up with the demand and keep parts in stock, we would see them a lot more. I was definitely bummed when Sionics dropped their A5 lowers due to parts availability.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    I've always been a huge believer in the A5 system. I sincerely feel that if Vltor can keep up with the demand and keep parts in stock, we would see them a lot more. I was definitely bummed when Sionics dropped their A5 lowers due to parts availability.
    Me too.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Everything on this site used to be TDP, TDP, TDP, and more TDP.

To suggest something like the A5 should come standard on rifles would be blasphemy and you would be burned as a heretic.
    Yeah. That was a long time ago...
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast