Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nearly Arrested Yesterday - Mask issue

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I wear one when going into stores as per it is a business, don't wear one otherwise and usually take it off or on when exiting or entering.

I have to wear one for work but only when visiting customers...

We all are going to get a form of this virus at some point....

I am really surprised the cop gave you such a hard time, especially when you were covering your face with something...
    There’s already chants about non-compliance being touted as racist and white privilege so before this is over not wearing a mask will probably be a hate crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I wear one when going into stores as per it is a business, don't wear one otherwise and usually take it off or on when exiting or entering.

I have to wear one for work but only when visiting customers...

We all are going to get a form of this virus at some point....

I am really surprised the cop gave you such a hard time, especially when you were covering your face with something...

Along with the deep-seated cultural biases OH58D referenced, in New Mexico there is definitely a sense of power and entitlement on government/public land, especially when patrolled by protected classes. For a while, the airport had Native renta cops enforcing the no wait policy at the pick up areas. More than once I had to restrain myself from physical contact with petty parking warlords who had no issue rolling up in my face screaming. Literally, in my face screaming and threatening to issue citations, all for things like exiting the vehicle, walking 5 feet to assist my 76 year old FIL with his luggage. Total stop time was one minute, per car clock.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    The last number I read was 78. I thought you were leaving?
    Friend, your message box is full...
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    Along with the deep-seated cultural biases OH58D referenced, in New Mexico there is definitely a sense of power and entitlement on government/public land, especially when patrolled by protected classes. For a while, the airport had Native renta cops enforcing the no wait policy at the pick up areas. More than once I had to restrain myself from physical contact with petty parking warlords who had no issue rolling up in my face screaming. Literally, in my face screaming and threatening to issue citations, all for things like exiting the vehicle, walking 5 feet to assist my 76 year old FIL with his luggage. Total stop time was one minute, per car clock.
    I interact with Natives all the time. Most of the time there are no issues. I interact with Mexicans as well. Most of the time there are no issues. I am part of a certain class of New Mexican who could be called Hispanic or Spanish. My surname is Spanish, with an original De ___________ in the early years, but we dropped that. However, we don't self-identify as Hispanic. We are AMERICANS of Spanish descent. None of this hyphenated stuff.

The Natives in this State claim some kind of cultural and religious identity, but it's all about money handouts. Some of the tribes have done well with Indian Gaming and others due to Oil & Gas Royalties. Some tribes share the wealth with their members, some tribes are top heavy and the money stays with the leadership. One of the best run Native Tribes in New Mexico is the Jicarilla Apache Tribe. Their members receive per-capita checks from these royalties, and for children, trust funds are set up for future use.

In my case yesterday, I just ran into hostile people with a mental agenda that is based on control of the population, made easy by a supportive State government.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I interact with Natives all the time. Most of the time there are no issues. I interact with Mexicans as well. Most of the time there are no issues. I am part of a certain class of New Mexican who could be called Hispanic or Spanish. My surname is Spanish, with an original De ___________ in the early years, but we dropped that. However, we don't self-identify as Hispanic. We are AMERICANS of Spanish descent. None of this hyphenated stuff.

The Natives in this State claim some kind of cultural and religious identity, but it's all about money handouts. Some of the tribes have done well with Indian Gaming and others due to Oil & Gas Royalties. Some tribes share the wealth with their members, some tribes are top heavy and the money stays with the leadership. One of the best run Native Tribes in New Mexico is the Jicarilla Apache Tribe. Their members receive per-capita checks from these royalties, and for children, trust funds are set up for future use.

In my case yesterday, I just ran into hostile people with a mental agenda that is based on control of the population, made easy by a supportive State government.
    I know what you mean, and was not implying that any one group was bad. My experiences at the airport (5 times) were, in my opinion, more about positional authority. That said, I have noted a certain animosity amongst some people about my ethnic appearance. Little phrases about my white privilege, being wealthy because I am white, etc. Just shocking, really, because the people making the comments know nothing about me, or my back ground. I assure you, I was not born rich nor am I wealthy. More that I made distinct choices at a certain point in my life to choose college and military service over chasing the never ending party and approaching middle age with nothing to show for it.
    All in all I enjoy New Mexico and the people I have met have been very genuine and sincere. Yes, I am frustrated with the inbred political cesspool and the crime, but I still like where I live. My neighbors (I've lived in 4 different areas) have been amongst the best people I have ever met. I understand a bad apple or two is not a depiction of the whole lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    Well not to derail instead bummer it happened to ya for sure !!!!

Sadly this seems to be like others said why LEO might loose out the war with the only support they have if it keeps going the way of say teachers did where now good teachers are one in a hundred
    Will LEO become the one good out of a hundred ?

Maybe we need to agree lets defund the police rip down the country as we know it then let the war break out and rebuild and this time on the 1st and 2nd we clearly state what they mean and to never add or take away from it
    Like this:

https://mises.org/library/decline-rule-law

I had never heard the word "Isonomia" before even though I and several others here have advocated for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    And when somebody catches him breaking the rules and says something, promptly runs over to CopsWritingCops or whatever it's called now and cries like a little bitch. I'm not LE, but I've seen the same species of snake in plenty of other sectors.
    Nor am I in LE. Although I have arrest authority at the college campus where I work. But I don’t even want it honestly.

We seem to attract either LE wannabes, or LE academy washouts that didn’t graduate, like myself. God I hate my job

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    IMO, all this fuss is the result of too many people. When you really drill down to the core, people are the problem. Obviously the Vid is inefficient at solving the baseline problem, so I’m pulling for the giant meteor solution. No one will be complaining about masks or which political party or system is worse, and social distancing will be MUCH easier.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    First some housekeeping business: Yoni, your PM inbox is full - I cannot respond.

Secondly, I am not anti-LE. I believe in a robust law enforcement element in our society to deal with the low life types I don't want to interact with. My mask incident does reveal to me that perhaps there may be more bad apples in that profession than I would like to believe and admit, or I was just unlucky to encounter a rare turd in the pile.

I do see this sort of thing perhaps getting worse, with a population becoming more irritated, less tolerant, and instead of looking at your neighbor as someone to work with, they look at you as their adversary, someone to possibly infect you. This would be the start of a breakdown in social order and cohesiveness. An everyone-for-himself world.

My normal isolation from society due to distance is my salvation. My wife is the main one who commutes to a job in the outside world because of her nursing career. If it all goes to hell, I see myself leaving this place less often as I do now. Open space and distance are my salvation. Visitors to this place are either family, assorted relatives and neighbors from other ranches or buyers of our working ranch horses. Other than that, a cloud of dust coming down the washboard dirt road from the north is a novelty.
    Last edited by OH58D; 07-10-20 at 23:01.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Actually it was officer "Holguin". I see you're in the Duke City. My son's flight came in late Wednesday evening, but all of his luggage didn't arrive, so we had to return to the Albuquerque Sunport the next morning. It started out as a beautiful morning. I snapped this picture from the top of the parking garage at the airport looking towards downtown with several balloons flying. You never know what you're going to face in life. The wife thinks it was racially motivated since I am white, the counter gal was Native and the cop was Mexican.
    I moved to several irrigated acres in the valley south of Albuquerque last year back near to where I grew up. I have been really glad to be out of Albuquerque especially with the lockdowns. Seeing hot air balloons in the morning is about the only thing I miss.

I grew up as the minority as a white kid in Los Lunas NM, other than getting called gringo, honkey , cracker, s**tkicker, and stupid white boy it was really only an issue in middle school, where everybody from the coach on down made it pretty clear that white boys weren’t allowed on “their” wrestling team.

It was an issue in HS, maybe it was really just the coach or the worst boys were part of the 70% of my class that dropped out.

I do love it here, it has absolutely amazing wilderness, and is still mostly empty of people outside of a couple of midsize cites

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast