Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    He has repeatedly mentioned he had a stuttering issue growing up and how his mommy told him he was the smartest kid out there, it's usually followed by a cornpop flashback.
    He has mentioned this when? This election cycle?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Yes, in fairness to Biden (oh how I hate to defend him...) he is a stutterer and has had to overcome that his entire life.

I don't buy that at all. It never came up when he was VP. Look at older clips of him in congress and there was no "stuttering". I also don't think he is stuttering. Seems a lot more like cognitive decline to me.

I wonder what would happen if the "Poor Boys" and Cornpop ever met in an alley.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I also don't think he is stuttering. Seems a lot more like cognitive decline to me.
    I took it as more of a "oh shit, can't think of what I want to say" moment. It only happened when Trump had him on the ropes.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I took it as more of a "oh shit, can't think of what I want to say" moment. It only happened when Trump had him on the ropes.
    Exactly, he's on the ropes. Kamala and Barry are out there on the campaign trail for him while he sits in the basement at home.
    I think we are looking at Joe having about six good months left, honestly, I think Biden is on his last leg and limping on that one.
    I'm not sure what stimulant they are giving him, but it appears to me he is wired every time they wheel him out for a National event, then he has to go home for a week and recover in the basement.
    The guy is on the clock and it's not got more than six months left on it.

I'm sick of the whole mess at this point, I've voted already, but the guy above sums up a lot of peoples feelings about Biden.
    Last edited by Averageman; 10-23-20 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Exactly, he's on the ropes. Kamala and Barry are out there on the campaign trail for him while he sits in the basement at home.
    I think we are looking at Joe having about six good months left, honestly, I think Biden is on his last leg and limping on that one.
    I'm not sure what stimulant they are giving him, but it appears to me he is wired every time they wheel him out for a National event, then he has to go home for a week and recover in the basement.
    The guy is on the clock and it's not got more than six months left on it.
    I'm seeing effects of "Adderall" or "Vivance", which are Amphetamine/dextroamphetine based meds used in ADHD.
    He appears either wired/raging or g'night/huh?

Of course if that is the case, it would been legally prescribed by his personal Physician.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I think the only he he really didn't answer well was the children at the border separated from their parents one.

The tax one is what it is. Biden made a Yuge deal of that just as Democrats have for the past four plus years. Nobody cares any more. but Trump mentioning Mueller and company looking over the files and not finding anything was a good response.
    Trump tried to explain the taxes and did a halfway decent job. The problem is the average non-business owning American can't even conceive prepayment of taxes, much less the concept of "Alternative Minimum Tax".

From the very article the NYT used to weaponize the illegally obtained tax records they colluded to get with partisan political operatives within DoJ's SDNY to steal:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ump-taxes.html

Mr. Trump paid alternative minimum tax in seven years between 2000 and 2017 — a total of $24.3 million, excluding refunds he received after filing. For 2015, he paid $641,931, his first payment of any federal income tax since 2010.

As he settled into the Oval Office, his tax bills soon returned to form. His potential taxable income in 2016 and 2017 included $24.8 million in profits from sources related to his celebrity status and $56.4 million for the loans he did not repay. The dreaded alternative minimum tax would let his business losses erase only some of his liability.

Each time, he requested an extension to file his 1040; and each time, he made the required payment to the I.R.S. for income taxes he might owe — $1 million for 2016 and $4.2 million for 2017. But virtually all of that liability was washed away when he eventually filed, and most of the payments were rolled forward to cover potential taxes in future years.

To cancel out the tax bills, Mr. Trump made use of $9.7 million in business investment credits, at least some of which related to his renovation of the Old Post Office hotel, which qualified for a historic-preservation tax break. Although he had more than enough credits to owe no taxes at all, his accountants appear to have carved out an allowance for a small tax liability for both 2016 and 2017.

When they got to line 56, the one for income taxes due, the amount was the same each year: $750.
    So even if your eyes didn't glaze over after reading the Three Thousand Nine Hundred and Ninety Four words in the NYT article before we get to that deeply buried headline, will you really even understand what happened? The entire article is just a couple hundred words shy of ten thousand. I'll confess, I didn't read it all. I couldn't even on my sharpest day. I'm not a tax accountant or tax attorney. The material is as dry as the Gobi desert. If you can read the entire 10K word article and come away with anything but a numb brain, you're far more tolerant of tedium than I.

And that's exactly what the NYT and other Biden acolytes count on. People can't even begin to comprehend a system requiring an accounting degree to even partially grasp. But they can grasp "HE ONLY PAID $750 IN INCOME TAX!!!". Well yes, if you studiously avoid every other fact and data point in that 10K word article. If you actually read and understood the whole article, you'd know the punch line is the least relevant part of the story.

I mean if you want to make hay out of Trump's tax strategy and how he pays more net taxes in China than the US, the obvious problem is the US tax code itself, promulgated by decades of politicians in DC to benefit their benefactors. Now who's been there doing that for 47 years?
    Last edited by glocktogo; 10-23-20 at 10:19.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Even if Biden's "stutter" is legit, no offense to those with speech impediments, but in my mind that disqualifies you from being the "speaker" of our nation.

That being said I lean more towards the cognitive decline and him being pumped up on adoral.

Plus, Epstein didn't kill himself.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If you want to do something productive today, hit up your favorite web browser and search "Bobulinski". It's currently trending #5 on Yahoo and could use some more traction.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    If you want to do something productive today, hit up your favorite web browser and search "Bobulinski". It's currently trending #5 on Yahoo and could use some more traction.
    Holy Smokes !
    This isn't looking good for Biden at all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    RE: Trump Taxes

For all that’s holy, why did Trump not own it and Biden with this;

“....yes I’d did! I took advantage of the tax laws YOU wrote and paid $750 dollars. While YOU and your family took advantage of every honest, hardworking American by taking millions from China and Russia. If all you voters think this is fair, then vote him back in and I’ll go home to my golf courses...”
    “Beware unearned wisdom.” Jung

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast