Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, are we going to see an under 18-inch barreled SXS non-NFA "Firearm"?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Neat, but I'd like to see a good review. What resets the trigger?

I don't trust recoil-resetting triggers. They fail to set on light loads.
    Their web site says it's a Stoger. I'll have to do some research. I emailed them late last night. I have not checked my email yet. I'm going to ask about Rem Chokes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Neat, but I'd like to see a good review. What resets the trigger?

I don't trust recoil-resetting triggers. They fail to set on light loads.
    Thanks for the info. From my limited research thesecond is reset by recoil. I googled know issues and found several videos with people with failures to fire. Would double triggers solve that issue?

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Because of how short the receiver is on a sxs, a "firearm" is gonna be difficult to get with short barrels.
    Really, since a fullblown shotgun has a requirement to be 26" oal, and 18" barrels, anyone could just take an off the shelf sxs and cut to fit, if you want pistol grip only. Unless you find a Virgin receiver, or one that started as a "firearm", you cannot f1 it into an aow anyways. This is why the super shorty aows start with pg only pumps.
    We did a sxs hammer double into an sbs, 11" barrels and half stock.
    Yes, two triggers would bypass the single trigger resetting. Some single triggers reset mechanically, they are unaffected by light recoil.

As mentioned, to transfer an aow is $5, to make one on an f1 is $200. However, if you know an 07/sot, they can make your aow and transfer it back to you with a $5 fee. Plus the work. We did a couple super shortys for people that way.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Because of how short the receiver is on a sxs, a "firearm" is gonna be difficult to get with short barrels.
    Really, since a fullblown shotgun has a requirement to be 26" oal, and 18" barrels, anyone could just take an off the shelf sxs and cut to fit, if you want pistol grip only. Unless you find a Virgin receiver, or one that started as a "firearm", you cannot f1 it into an aow anyways. This is why the super shorty aows start with pg only pumps.
    We did a sxs hammer double into an sbs, 11" barrels and half stock.
    Yes, two triggers would bypass the single trigger resetting. Some single triggers reset mechanically, they are unaffected by light recoil.

As mentioned, to transfer an aow is $5, to make one on an f1 is $200. However, if you know an 07/sot, they can make your aow and transfer it back to you with a $5 fee. Plus the work. We did a couple super shortys for people that way.

Excellent info. Thank You! I love English stocks. This look is like an interesting option. I sent you a PM.

Feedback Score
    I'm going to assume that a short, open choked sxs is desired for SD/HD, or some other type of danger where a close rapid delivery is needed.
    Many, if not most, sxs shotguns have a feature where the thumb safety is engaged by opening the action. It must then be manually disengaged to fire again after reloading. This feature is usually easily removed. You can engage the safety anytime you want, it just won't be automatically engaged every time the gun is opened. This is standard procedure for an action job on a shotgun to be used for cas.

Just remember, if you cut a regular sxs into a pg shotgun, you need to stay at or above the 26" oal, and 18" barrel length.

Last edited by Gunfixr; 01-13-19 at 07:52.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    I'm going to assume that a short, open choked sxs is desired for SD/HD, or some other type of danger where a close rapid delivery is needed.
    Many, if not most, sxs shotguns have a feature where the thumb safety is engaged by opening the action. It must then be manually disengaged to fire again after reloading. This feature is usually easily removed. You can engage the safety anytime you want, it just won't be automatically engaged every time the gun is opened. This is standard procedure for an action job on a shotgun to be used for cas.

Just remember, if you cut a regular sxs into a pg shotgun, you need to stay at or above the 26" oal, and 18" barrel length.

I was planning on an SBS. That's great info on the safety. It would be a toy with serious abilities.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When is a shotgun not a shotgun.

The Tac-13 REMINGTON 12ga. semi-auto is classified as a firearm vs a shotgun. To make a long story short, three of the features are barrel less than 18”, never had a shoulder stock attached & overall length greater than 26”.

Note: letter from ATF on a Mossberg (pump) with similar features to the Remington (semi-auto).

https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/...ATF-3-2-17.pdf

Check out the recoil, looks VERY manageable:
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 01-13-19 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

So, are we going to see an under 18-inch barreled SXS non-NFA "Firearm"?

I have a Tac 14 on order. The semi looks fun too.

I just picked it up.

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-15-19 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I have a Tac 14 on order. The semi looks fun too.

I just picked it up.

Waiting to hear your review.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

So, are we going to see an under 18-inch barreled SXS non-NFA "Firearm"?

Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Waiting to hear your review.
    My next day off is Tuesday. I'll report back once I get to shoot it. I swapped out the bbl with a 14" modified bbl with sights I had on a SBS. I also put on a Wilson +1 mag extension and Wilson extra long spring and antilt follower in the gun. I had these parts already on hand. The magazine spring in the gun looked like it was the standard length.

I've had an SB Tactical brace sitting around for months looking for a purpose. I think it's found a new home.

I ordered this Messa adapter and need to check my parts I know I've got an AR pistol grip kicking around.

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-17-19 at 23:07.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast