Thread: Can we have an AR pistol piture thread?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_556 View Post
    Sweet, please explain...
    Look the magazine in the first two photos I posted. Notice anything out of the ordinary?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Single shot exemption. Once its DROS'D as a pistol, switch out the sled for a 10 round mag, making sure to have some sort of mag lock or "bullet button".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
    Look the magazine in the first two photos I posted. Notice anything out of the ordinary?
    I do now, what is that some sort of delrin plug?

Good for you, that is great that you are sticking it too them...

Feedback Score
    Bobsled single shot competition "magazine" installed with a magazine lock that requires a tool to drop the mag. It's not a detachable mag since you can't use your digit to manipulate the release. There is no law preventing someone from rendering a single shot pistol to semi auto after DROS (Dealer Record Of Sale, CA term). Use the tip of a round of ammunition to release the sled magazine and install a 10rd mag. Semi auto AR15 that's CA legal. Been doing this since last summer and the CA DOJ hates my guts. That means I'm doing my job.

Feedback Score

Question

Anyone got any pics?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I still have never seen anyone demonstrate how these are anything more than toys.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    Ofcourse they are toys. They are totally impractical, but the are cool anyway. Some folks like single shot rifles, to me those are silly aswell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196 View Post
    I still have never seen anyone demonstrate how these are anything more than toys.

No argument, range toys. Fun all the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196 View Post
    Late to the party, but I have a former Marine friend who has taken both and AK and AR pistol to the Tiger valley bug out drill. I met him when he pulled an AK pistol build out at a 300 yd KD stage. I introduced myself when he hit 26 out of 30 with the AK, I have seen him do the same with a 10 in AR pistol. If you take the time to learn how to use the system, they are as effective as an SBR.

The nice part is you can fit the smaller ones in a backpack for survival/bug out stuff and not have to break it down.
    Last edited by mos2111; 09-14-09 at 16:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Carbon 15 223.

I picked up a Carbon 15 in 223 a few years ago along with a couple of FN's. Shot fine until I put a dot system on it and tighten the pinch bolts down. The gun then seems to lock up. Took off the otic and the gun worked fine again.

I had read on one of these subject area's that some of you guys were using the Pistols for some sort of other projects. I seem to have a block I remember it was a series of initials or numbers. Anyway I thought it was some sort of mod or a rebuild using the parts.

Somebody straighten me out.
    Dirk