Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado, Magpul and the Second Amendment Need Your Help

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Nothing illegal or sketchy about it, although it was tongue-in-cheek. It would be unlikely, as the codes are how we track for QC. There are, however, about 130 million magazines of all types (not talking just PMAGs) over 10 rounds out there in existence that will have been made "pre-ban", most probably above 15, according to an estimate I've seen. That's the crazy thing about this legislation...many will obey this, but those with criminal intent out of whose hands they intend to keep them will certainly not be stopped. In addition, there are plenty of mags without date codes, and no one in the state will need to have them, or the serial numbers they demand. It's just unenforceable, feel-good silliness to further political goals and hassle the good guys.
    I only say that because ****ers will take that out of context.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Colorado, Magpul and the Second Amendment Need Your Help

The point at which this law does anything will be a couple generations down the road. If you were born 2013 or later, it will be awfully hard for someone to claim they owned a magazine pre-ban. We're fighting for our grandkids' rights here.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    The point at which this law does anything will be a couple generations down the road. If you were born 2013 or later, it will be awfully hard for someone to claim they owned a magazine pre-ban. We're fighting for our grandkids' rights here.
    Trusts and LLCs to hold mags? There is no NFA hang-ups, I think it would be simple property law.

I really hope you guys have a better retaliation set up than to just move. You need to put the fear of God into national dems to do anything like this or TX vs MT will mean nothing.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

I really hope you guys have a better retaliation set up than to just move. You need to put the fear of God into national dems to do anything like this or TX vs MT will mean nothing.
    What are they supposed to do? Do tell us. They've already spent money, agitated across social media, and gave the politicians fair warning that they are preparing to "shrug." Please tell us what you would do, then. Continue to make and sell mags in Colorado? NOT follow up on Magpul's promise to leave CO?

Feedback Score
    Seems to me the only things left to do is to carry through with the "threats". Move, actively campaign against them, refuse to do business, etc. The social media, emails, etc didn't affect them because they are as isolated as those in D.C.; they'll do as they see fit because the main stream media and the "yes men" they surround themselves with tell them that it's "the right thing to do".
    On a personal note, I was considering and actually was close to moving to CO, but that has definitely been scuttled. No money from me to support a non-2A state.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    No money from me to support a non-2A state.
    That makes me sick to my stomach to hear about Colorado. This place used to be a pillar of personal freedom.

I agree with The Dude. I just don't see any plays left for magpul other than to pull out once this thing has passed. I certainly can't think of anything else they can do.

As a Colorado resident, I personally would like to thank magpul and Zak Smith from the bottom of my heart for their active and leading fight against this legislation. Honestly I think it was about the only thing presented to the D's that even gave them a moment of pause.

It still blows my mind how stupid all of this is and how they tried to pull some slick shit in the bill to get magpul to stay. Despicable.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 02-19-13 at 09:29.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    May be too late now, but maybe someone should tell the legislators in CO that instead of banning 30rd mags.. Increase the penalty for using a 30rd mag in the commission of a crime..

I know it's stupid legislation, but isn't essentially ALL of their legislation stupid? They create laws for the sake of creating laws..

This way (increased penalties for using over a 15rd mag in a crime) they get to pass laws with their names on them, and the laws only effect criminals, not law abiding citizens.

Something like "use of a firearms magazine that holds greater than 15 rounds in the commission of a murder, robbery, etc, is punishable by an additional 20 year prison term... use during mass murder, punishable by death via public stoning, family of victims first"

Thoughts?
    Last edited by RIDE; 02-19-13 at 09:45.
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Trusts and LLCs to hold mags? There is no NFA hang-ups, I think it would be simple property law.

If I were remaining in CO after this law passes, which I will not, I would have all my mags in a specific trust for this purpose prior to the effective date for just that reason.

We will make sure that effort is expended towards removing the offending progressives from office, and that they own it come 2014. After that...I don't know what else you want us to do? We've got a lot on our plates with what looks like a very real requirement to move, and we have to do it in a way that protects production during a very high demand time.

We already have one rep going on the news doing damage control, with statements like "They didn't read the language, if they think they have to leave" and "We worked with Magpul on the exemptions". Our statement in the hearing was that exemptions didn't matter, although we did identify all the holes in the bill that did effectively restrict manufacturing as a way to show how bad it was. Prior to the vote on the exemptions, we also reiterated to this individual in person, that we didn't care about the amendment, because if it becomes law, we're gone anyway, exemptions or not. This is the same guy that made the comments about "you don't know that someone is going to rape you" during the campus carry bill debate...that video is headed toward going viral on YouTube, so there's who you're dealing with.

I hate this politics stuff. I just want to make products. Preferably in a place with sensible leadership.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Which representative, SPQR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    May be too late now, but maybe someone should tell the legislators in CO that instead of banning 30rd mags.. Increase the penalty for using a 30rd mag in the commission of a crime..

I know it's stupid legislation, but isn't essentially ALL of their legislation stupid? They create laws for the sake of creating laws..

This way (increased penalties for using over a 15rd mag in a crime) they get to pass laws with their names on them, and the laws only effect criminals, not law abiding citizens.

Something like "use of a firearms magazine that holds greater than 15 rounds in the commission of a murder, robbery, etc, is punishable by an additional 20 year prison term... use during mass murder, punishable by death via public stoning, family of victims first"

Thoughts?
    That's in the bill already. The repubs tried to limit it to that, IIRC, but the other side is not using logic.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast