Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone has a bootleg inc Ar15 upper?what rail?bcm?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    moe2401 -

Quoting this for truth with some editorial commenting:

You just gotta have some thick skin if you’re going to post pics and ask for advice.

Folks have their biases on this forum just as in real life. Sometimes the bias is based on actual experience, other times based on something else. On this site there is generally a bias toward forged, mil-spec, uppers and lowers, and against billet lowers with artful sculpting.

You begin to understand that after a while. And, generally, while I've found, through experience, that many of the biases are justified, some are not. And, trust me, railing against those biases is tilting at windmills.

Don’t get your feelings hurt when someone says you have a dumpster AR. He’s entitled to his opinion just like anyone else.

True, it's the internet, admission is free.

Yeah it was an asshole response but it did kinda make me laugh and I like the guy so he gets a pass.

And, this, is definitely quoted for truth, just like in real life.

You soon see who fits this profile:

You logged onto the forum
    Like you were logging into your flock
    Your remarks seem to put you in the best possible light
    And your rifle, it is always just right
    You posted your stuff on you tube
    To watch yourself excel
    And all the nut huggers dreamed that they'd be your partner
    They'd be your partner, and
    You're so vain
    You probably think this forum is about you
    You're so vain,
    I'll bet you think this forum is about you
    Don't you?
    Don't you?
    You had some dreams, they were pearls on your necklace
    Pearls on your necklace, and
    You're so vain
    You're so vain, you're so vain
    Don't you?

(Sorry Carly)
    I believe you are right .i apologize to anyone i offended..

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Yep in some ways we are old codgery bastards who are set in our ways. But one thing I can promise you is that as a whole this forum will NEVER guide you down a path that will result in a shitty AR that you cannot depend on to protect your family and whomever else. That you can take to the bank. There’s a reason why our membership is lower than TOS, and I’m GLAD it’s lower. I believe we have a solid core of guys who will go out of their way to help you - be it with guidance or even parts.

That’s just who we are. But yeah we can be like a dog on bone. Deal with it! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahaha yea I'm noticing that..its all good..much love and ill stick around and continue doing some research

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    moe2401 -

Quoting this for truth with some editorial commenting:

You soon see who fits this profile:

You logged onto the forum
    Like you were logging into your flock
    Your remarks seem to put you in the best possible light
    And your rifle, it is always just right
    You posted your stuff on you tube
    To watch yourself excel
    And all the nut huggers dreamed that they'd be your partner
    They'd be your partner, and
    You're so vain
    You're so vain,
    Don't you?
    Don't you?
    You had some dreams, they were pearls on your necklace
    Pearls on your necklace, and
    You're so vain
    You're so vain, you're so vain
    Don't you?

(Sorry Carly)
    Man 26, this was deeeeep for a Sunday afternoon.

Made me wonder how different our answers would be in terms of who fits the bill.

Nonetheless, very clever and well played bro.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Since this is my first time looking at this thread, referring back to the original post. I dont know what kind of quality bootleg puts out but skeletonizing an upper receiver like that is dumb idea. The upper is meant to contain the pressure and vent it downwards incase of a kaboom, thinning out the side walls like that puts the user in danger. Since your already built up said upper, especially using a suspect quality barrel like Nordic where only Thor knows what chamber specs they a running, is a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-22-19 at 01:04.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Since this is my first time looking at this thread, referring back to the original post. I dont know what kind of quality bootleg puts out but skeletonizing an upper receiver like is dumb idea. The upper is meant to contain the pressure and vent it downwards incase of a kaboom, thinning out the side walls like that puts the user in danger. Since your already built up said upper, especially using a suspect quality barrel like Nordic where only Thor knows what chamber specs they a running, is a recipe for disaster.
    I've been very suspicious of lightening cuts, I think you just confirmed my suspicions.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I've been very suspicious of lightening cuts, I think you just confirmed my suspicions.
    Notice how companies like BCM actually make a receiver with a wall thicker next to chamber. Id call that a clue.

Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-22-19 at 01:07.

Feedback Score
    Glad to hear that it hasn't been torqued down. And I'm sure you meant to put the crush washer on backwards to remind you to turn it around before torqueing. You might want to mention these things on a forum like this, where details actually matter. Build quality is all about trusted components and proper assembly. If we see something weird like that, then the whole build is brought into question. Nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by moe2401 View Post
    Sorry guys for the late response..its a bcm flashhider I had laying around...its on there temporary as a thread/muzzle protector and not even torqued down..i have a surefire socom muzzle break at home just got it in the mail and will be installing it tonight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Since this is my first time looking at this thread, referring back to the original post. I dont know what kind of quality bootleg puts out but skeletonizing an upper receiver like that is dumb idea. The upper is meant to contain the pressure and vent it downwards incase of a kaboom, thinning out the side walls like that puts the user in danger. Since your already built up said upper, especially using a suspect quality barrel like Nordic where only Thor knows what chamber specs they a running, is a recipe for disaster.
    Nordic isnt really suspect,theres plenty of threads about Nordic barrels..
    The upper I believe is also tested and proven unless you guys think PWS is trash then so be it.
    To be honest I set out to build a lightweight ar15 pistol but that all went out the window when I brought the nordic barrel instead of buying what I originally wanted which was a pencil barrel..
    I didnt want to buy one of those lazer cut uppers and lowers where you can actually see the BCG.. so the next best option was this bootleg/PWS upper and receiver set.

Feedback Score
    I'm interested in seeing some of yall builds..how about posting a picture of your build

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    You can find a some in the massive picture thread that is stickied at the top, and you can also find quite a fire (with more detail) in the Custom Build subforum.
    I’m not sending any hate your way for wanting a cool ambidextrous lower. I went with a stripped LMT MARS-L lower myself. I don’t have a thread, because I dropped a complete upper (Colt CCU) on it, so it doesn’t really count as a build. And, I don’t count myself as amongst the more experienced members, whose builds I do enjoy learning from.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast