Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What cans are we using on SBRs and AR pistols?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That seems super gimmicky.
    And that's a bad thing here? What's wrong with it?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That seems super gimmicky.
    But you could cut out foam and put it in an aluminum spy briefcase like hollywood and make other AR15.commers jealous!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Its an Air Force project for blah blah, something, something, crashing your airplane. Its perfectly valid for that, and would probably be a good choice if you needed to throw a gun in a toolbox or whatever.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-21-22 at 13:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Its an Air Force project for blah blah, something, something, crashing your airplane. Its perfectly valid for that, and would probably be a good choice if you needed to throw a gun in a toolbox or whatever.
    It's quite the upgrade from the AR-7, aside from that? Momma always said, "If you can't say something nice..."
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    It's quite the upgrade from the AR-7, aside from that? Momma always said, "If you can't say something nice..."
    Yeah, if imma crash an airplane or helicopter someplace ****ed, I’ll take a Mk18-ish over an AR-7 anyday.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't understand the negativity about the GAU-5A. A take-down 12.5" 5.56 seems a lot more capable than an APC9 and it's more compact than a 7.5" 5.56 with a LAW folder. What are the actual problems with it? "Gimmicky" isn't an argument.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I don't understand the negativity about the GAU-5A. A take-down 12.5" 5.56 seems a lot more capable than an APC9 and it's more compact than a 7.5" 5.56 with a LAW folder. What are the actual problems with it? "Gimmicky" isn't an argument.
    The AR isn’t designed to have a take-down component, so this must be giving something up. What’s the compromise here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Had an AR-7 clone as a kid and loved that thing. It was so 007 to me at the time. Problem was, it was a POS reliability wise. I know different makers have made them over the years with varying degrees of quality and reliability.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The new Dead Air Sierra 5 should also stand up.
    I've been looking hard at the Sierra 5 and am ready to pull the trigger, but it's just not in stock yet. Are you guys planning on making a Xeno mount version of your 6315? I know it comes with a flash hider already, but just wondering.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 06-21-22 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    So I have a 7.5” rifle… a PWS piston. It is super handy but just stupid loud with any can I tried it with including surefire socom 5.56, socom 7.62, a couple of yhm’s and a few others that I just don’t remember. It currently wears a silencerco saker for a few reasons…

1. I hate that can and want it to die. The mounting system sucks and it weighs way more than it should. It’s the only can I truly regret buying. That being said…
    2. It is warranted down to 7.5” and with around 6k rounds through it it still looks new. Damn thing won’t die.
    3. It’s the only can that runs great with standard 55 grain without issue and doesn’t produce a clown sized fireball with every shot. Back pressure sucks, as to be expected.
    4. It is the quietest at the ear than all the other cans I’ve tried. It’s still unbearably loud and not close to acceptable without ear pro, especially indoors.

Not sure about poi shift without the can as I have no intention of running a 7.5” unsuppressed.

This was my second ever SBR and I thought it would be a great HD gun and while it can be, I found more comfort with a 10.5” with a socom mini. If you can deal with the noise then 7.5” can run well suppressed. I’ve done multiple mag dumps with this package and it’s been extremely reliable, it’s my only piston gun but I think piston makes sense at pistol tube lengths.

Good luck!
    lol! Sakers are like herpes...No matter how hard you try to kill it, it keeps coming back. They have some downsides as you mentioned, but they're tough cans.

But hey...Run what you brung, I guess. I own it, so I work with it. Slathering the thing in grey anti-seize and resisting the urge to latch it farmer tight have mostly solved my mount sticking issues. The weight is what it is, though. Seems to cause 1-2moa of POI shift across the various rifles I run it on.

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast