Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Psilocybin Mushrooms and depression

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is interesting for sure. I'm just so jaded by the idiotic medical marijuana farce, that it's a challenge to take these things seriously. (I know there are SOME legit marijewanda benefits, but it's largely stupid stoners being stupid stoners)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is interesting for sure. I'm just so jaded by the idiotic medical marijuana farce, that it's a challenge to take these things seriously. (I know there are SOME legit marijewanda benefits, but it's largely stupid stoners being stupid stoners)
    I think the .gov opposition to studying and rescheduling cannabis and psilocybin are much more of a farce. Schedule 1 means there are NO, zero, none, nada medical uses. Yet cannabis, psilocybin, and LSD, which have known medical uses remain on Schedule 1. BTW, cocaine is schedule 2. And alcohol and tobacco remain unscheduled.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not sure what you're referring to on the farce aspects, but due to state by state regulatory approaches, vs the worthless war on drugs the feds refuse to admit was lost decades ago, it's been rocky for sure. Having said that, I there's various vets and vet advocates that found med MJ was the thing that allowed them to get off all the drugs they had been put on by the VA that often only made things worse. One I know well started a group that works on suicide prevention called Mission Zero and found it was the med MJ that made the difference for them and others and produces some great works of art, one of which hangs in my office now:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post
    A friend of mine gets cluster headaches, evidently they can help with them too. Or so his research tells him.
    This does work I know someone personally who got cluster headaches and saw a show Discovery did about mushrooms and changed his life. Once ever 4 months or so he will take a hefty dose and no cluster headaches. He absolutely hates it, but going without the headaches is worth it to him

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Few had a work ethic like Dorian. I'd a still the best of all time. Here's a fun read that includes Dorian:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/re...-the-industry/
    One of the all time best and in the 90s, the best era bodybuilding has ever seen. Dorian Yates would be on the Mt Rushmore of bodybuilding if there was one, and anybody to not include him knows nothing of the sport.

I feel the same way about weed, I personally don't care if everyone on the planet smokes I just hate the medical cop out. I know there are medicinal benefits but the majority of people are just smoking to get high. Which is why most people do drugs its not for the medical benefits.

I have done a lot of psychedelics and just from that I know the power within the drugs. I truly believe everyone would benefit from taking mushrooms at least one time. To have your ego completely stripped away, and to see things from a place your brain will never go naturally is truly life changing. The first time I tried a psychedelic it was to get high, but after that I never did it again without the intention of learning something from each journey. Most of the people I have met who take psychedelics feel the same way. Once you realize the power of these drugs you learn it's something to be respected and was put here for our growth.

A lot of people shit on the stoned ape theory and try do discredit Terrence McKenna, but the more we study psilocybin the clearer it will become that these compounds played a major role in our development. When you have such radical ideas very rarely do you live long enough to see them realized. Most aboriginal people have some form of psychedelic that has been used for centuries. This is not something ancient people just stumbled onto its ingrained into us a species.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I get where you’re coming from, but one of the reasons it seems like a farce is because the US Government keeps these substances as Schedule 1 drugs, and because of that, researchers can’t get grants to study whether or not claims are true (I know many, many people who’ve been helped, but that’s anecdotal).

Without studies, how do we know who is ok to use a drug, and in what form? What dosage? Without studies, it’ll just keep looking like more and more stoners. You’ll never get to know if the outcomes are positive or negative. It’s just huge piles of confirmation bias for everyone.

Sent from inner space

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    One dose was all that was needed.

It works....

Period..

Yes..I tried it on a clinical trial studies from Oregon Health Science University.

One dose..and I conquered my PTSD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    One dose was all that was needed.

It works....

Period..

Yes..I tried it on a clinical trial studies from Oregon Health Science University.

One dose..and I conquered my PTSD.

Let's hear more about your experience with that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Concur -

VERY interested in this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had spiritual conversations with people I know that died.

SEAL Team the CBS show on Paramount showed it..but the basis was my survivor's guilt was a days long conversation in a controlled environment designed for my safety.
    The testing standards for it was long and it was tons of blood, MRI ,.audiology and many other exams that took about 6 months. It was almost a weekly attendance but I was given a visa card and each visit , I got 75 bucks for my troubles as I live about 40 miles away and it was quite a commute.

I can't explain it all very well but it felt like all of fears, anxieties and all of the complexities of my own experience kinda washed away.

You recreate the incidents easily like it is real and then during that time ...I felt better after the trip.

The medication was in water and I was given it to mix.

There was a shit ton of paperwork and medical release I had to sign also before the day.

I was also asked to each a normal meal and something simple.

I can't explain it...but the best way is like in my mind..I was given the opportunity to feel comfortable with my choices and learning to live with it.

It felt like multiple conversations with myself that was asked and answered.

Your brain knows how to fix itself if all of its inhibitions was taken care of.

I felt it worked....

I have heard others had a bad trip and they had to be sedated but overall, I would do it again.

I don't like visiting the OHSU and I really didn't like visiting their main clinical trials facility. Sometimes they drew my blood and then forgotten about it and then drew my blood again to days later.

Also, other patients are there for other reasons including many many children.

But I wanted to try something new for my trauma and injuries and it seemed to have worked well.

Tldr....it felt like closing a chapter in my life and having to accept it with no issues.
    That's how it felt.

I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    I don't like visiting the OHSU and I really didn't like visiting their main clinical trials facility. Sometimes they drew my blood and then forgotten about it and then drew my blood again to days later.

Also, other patients are there for other reasons including many many children.
    That's because Doernbechers is right there.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast