Thread: PSA KS-47 Mods

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    To update about a month ago I picked up the KS47 lower with upgraded trigger and magpul furniture and the 16” upper with the 13” mlok handguard was delivered. I also picked up the ks47 builders kit with stripped upper, lower and bcg. Everything looked great finish was perfect everything was stocked properly the upper and lower had a tight fit. The trigger is really nice. I’ve had it to the range twice and ran about 600 rounds through it. Unfortunately I keep getting a failure to extract about once every mag. The round extracts from the chamber but does not leave the upper and the bolt tries to chamber a new round. After getting back from the range the first time I cleaned the chamber really well and replaced the extractor springs, I didn’t have an ejector spring to try replacing it. The second trip to the range was the same so I sent the upper back. It sucks because this rifle is really accurate for shooting wolf 7.62x39. With iron sights it’s just under 2.5”. At 100 yards with a 4x acog I had a five shot group measure 1.68” and a ten shoot group that measured 2.33”. At 300 yards I was getting 3moa.

I bought the builders kit with the intention of building a 5.45x39 that takes ak74 mags. Now I’m thinking the juice is not worth the squeeze, just stick with the 7.62x39 if PSA fixes it.
    Last edited by Pikey; 05-16-21 at 10:57.