Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting: 19 children, 2 teachers killed

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    So did an armed resource officer engage him in the way in, or hold the door open for him?
    Reports now are that there was no SRO at the site and thus no no engagement.

He walked right in the school apparently.

Feedback Score
    Facebook was able to liquidate the shooter faster than the cops it would seem... Maybe I'll end up being an a-hole, but sweet Jesus, do we know anything for certain????
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The husband of one of the teachers killed (Mrs Garcia) died of a heart attack today...that poor community is in serious pain.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Literally just confirmed by TX DPS Spokesman Victor Escalon:

11:28 suspect wrecked in ditch with NO prior engagement.
    11:30 911 call
    11:40 suspect enters school, after firing shots between the ditch and school building
    11:44 local officers make entry into school and are repelled by shooter, who then barricades himself in classroom
    12:44 (approximately) BORTAC kills suspect
    NO armed officer available at time suspect entered school

So, complete and abject failure in initial response followed by severely delayed final entry. No telling how many kids died in the interim.

And again, no duty to protect, so government will find themselves not criminally responsible

Authority without responsibility, is tyranny.
    I really loath to armchair such a thing when I was not there, not LE, and don't have all the facts in, but what we have so far that seems solid, what you posted above.

So no armed RSO as was normally there, and a door simply left open for him to enter. Ain that just f-ing wonderful??! I'd heard gunman had shot at two local LEOs that arrived on scene who apparently didn't pursue shooter into the school.

Again, I'm confused as to the PDs SOP for an active shooter as what is clear is there were a bunch of LEOs on scene waiting for the tac team to show up while parents yelled at them to go inside... See also:

https://www.police1.com/mass-casualt...lprsskfNsIwCF/

So far, does not sound like a Parkland level of humans fail, but does not sound good to this non LEO from behind this computer.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Facebook was able to liquidate the shooter faster than the cops it would seem... Maybe I'll end up being an a-hole, but sweet Jesus, do we know anything for certain????
    Sorta... https://www.police1.com/mass-casualt...lprsskfNsIwCF/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-26-22 at 17:15.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I really loath to armchair such a thing when I was not there, not LE, and don't have all the facts in, but what we have so far that seems solid, what you posted above.

So no armed RSO as was normally there, and a door simply left open for him to enter. Ain that just f-ing wonderful??! I'd heard gunman had shot at two local LEOs that arrived on scene who apparently didn't pursue shooter into the school.

Again, I'm confused as to the PDs SOP for an active shooter as what is clear is there were a bunch of LEOs on scene waiting for the tac team to show up while parents yelled at them to go inside... See also:

So far, does not sound like a Parkland level of humans fail, but does not sound good to this non LEO from behind this computer.
    The Trooper spokesman also said the shooter shot at two eyewitnesses across the road at the funeral home. They were the ones who called 911. So apparently he didn’t encounter any resistance whatsoever before getting into the school building.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And more from Gore commenting on the damage control.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

Up until Columbine that was the SOP for most departments- form a perimeter and wait for SWAT. Active shooter training gained traction after Columbine where the first units on scene went in. We did active shooter training a couple of times a year at the local high school. 1 to 4 officers forming up and going inside- no room to room clearing just moving to the sound of gunfire. The object was to get to the shooter and stop the killing ASAP.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    The Trooper spokesman also said the shooter shot at two eyewitnesses across the road at the funeral home. They were the ones who called 911. So apparently he didn’t encounter any resistance whatsoever before getting into the school building.
    OK, that explains the confusion. They were not LEOs he'd shot at. But, my Q on SOP of an active shooter remains. I'd really thought post Colombine, other than a very few PDs (like that POS in Parkland who altered there SOP from "shall" to "may" engage an active shooter...), they are to engage the shooter immediately no matter who is on scene.

It sounds like we can at least say that didn't happen. Why, is unclear at this time.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Up until Columbine that was the SOP for most departments- form a perimeter and wait for SWAT. Active shooter training gained traction after Columbine where the first units on scene went in. We did active shooter training a couple of times a year at the local high school. 1 to 4 officers forming up and going inside- no room to room clearing just moving to the sound of gunfire. The object was to get to the shooter and stop the killing ASAP.
    And it was my understanding that was the norm for pretty much all PDs now, other than the worthless sack in Parkland who decided to change the SOP. I'm really curious to find out how that applies to this event.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast