Thread: Holosun 503GU - Lense Angled Left to Right?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Holosun 503GU - Lense Angled Left to Right?

On all my other micro red dots the objective lense is slightly angled backwards from top to bottom, but on this one it’s angled from left to right, and it’s way more severe. Is this normal?
    Last edited by Captains1911; 09-01-18 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    On all my other micro red dots the objective lense is slightly angled backwards from top to bottom, but on this one it’s angled from left to right, and it’s way more severe. Is this normal?
    Yes. Perfectly normal.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It's angled that way because the emitter is in a different position than most other red dots. I think the intent was to get the emitter out of the way of co-witnessing with irons.

Feedback Score
    Never gets old.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_MRO.php

The front lens on my MRO® is installed at an angle. Is this correct?
    Yes this is correct. The front, or objective lens is installed at a precise angle in order to reflect the red dot back to the user’s eye. This angled objective lens is common to all reflex‐style optics. It may be more noticeable on the MRO than some other optics due to the increased size of the lens.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Never gets old.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_MRO.php

The front lens on my MRO® is installed at an angle. Is this correct?
    Yes this is correct. The front, or objective lens is installed at a precise angle in order to reflect the red dot back to the user’s eye. This angled objective lens is common to all reflex‐style optics. It may be more noticeable on the MRO than some other optics due to the increased size of the lens.
    If you took the time to read my post, you’d see that I’m aware of the angled front lense in general. My question was more specific. Furthermore, I’m referring to a Holosun, not a Trijicon MRO. Thanks.