Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I have owned quite a few BA barrels including an 18” SS 308 barrel and I’ve found them to everything except expensive. However, if your AR buying experience is confined to Palmetto State, then I would imagine just about everything is going to seem expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Based on all the great reviews of the Hansen profile barrels, I ordered a 14" one from BA during the Black Friday deals for my build. A while back I had put together a pistol lower for my .300 blk SBR with the SBA3 brace, and found it not lacking at all, so have decided to do the .308 up as a pistol.

I also picked up my first Geissele trigger. It will go in the .308.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 01-02-19 at 22:16.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I’ve got a barrel (22” BA) on the way and possibly a rail (15” Fortis Switch Keymod), and I’ll be ordering a receiver set tomorrow (CMT), getting this build kicked off right.

Is AR308 the same as LR308?

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

I’ve read post #59 and a few others but not all 230+ so I might have missed the answer to this question: are the charging handles all the same?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

I’ve read post #59 and a few others but not all 230+ so I might have missed the answer to this question: are the charging handles all the same?

The S&W M&P10 has a different charging handle and if you want to put an aftermarket CH in an M&P10, you have to do some filing. Other than that, no.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I bought a DPMS bolt catch from Brownells but it didn’t come with the spring and plunger. Do I just use a standard AR15 spring and plunger or are those parts AR308-specific as well?

Feedback Score
    I bought a DPMS bolt catch from Brownells but it didn’t come with the spring and plunger. Do I just use a standard AR15 spring and plunger or are those parts AR308-specific as well?
    yes, use the standard AR-15 bolt catch spring and plunger for the AR-308.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    So I'm working on an AR10 6.5 Creedmoor build and I'm trying to decide on what BCG to buy. I believe all the ones I've seen so far use 9310 instead of C158. I know the mil-spec is C158, and I make sure to always use C158 bolts in my AR15 builds, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to do that for this build. So what are y'alls thoughts on this? What have you used in your .308 or 6.5 build?

Feedback Score
    What BCG would you good people recommend to work well with a BA Hanson .308 barrel? I've read great things about the Lantec enhanced BCG, but I've read a few things where the bolt doesn't headspace right sometimes with a BA barrel, but I love the features of the carrier. It's going in an Aero upper.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    What BCG would you good people recommend to work well with a BA Hanson .308 barrel? I've read great things about the Lantec enhanced BCG, but I've read a few things where the bolt doesn't headspace right sometimes with a BA barrel, but I love the features of the carrier. It's going in an Aero upper.
    Aero Precision is part owner of BA, so you'll get good compatibility, interoperability between BA parts and Aero parts. My preference is for the BA NiBo bolt, only if I can get it on sale at $100. after that, my preference is for the 308 Aero NiBo BCG, again, only if I can get it on sale for about $180. I've also used the 308 Aero nitride BCG with good success. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm running an Aero Nitride BCG with a BA Modern Series barrel, and it headspaced properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I need only the BCG and charging handle, and she will be shootable. Not complete mind you, I'll want a light, and an optic before I call her done, but shootable.

I have run into a snag that kinda has me worried. I got the barrel back from my gunsmith today. (had the Warcomp pin, and welded) Once I got it mounted, I noticed that the rail is slightly off. Somehow I missed that before. It's not quite as tall.

Now if I have to adjust the front sight up a notch or two, no biggie, but if the receiver isn't machined right... I'll be upset. I won't have anything strattling the receiver, and rail, but the thought of going through figuring out a non-running gun isn't pleasant. It's an Aero Precision receiver, and I did get the correct .210 upper tang MI rail for the DPMS .308 pattern. Anyone had issues like this with either Areo or MI?
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 04-23-19 at 15:50.

Their dogs.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast