Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Jayland Walker shot "only" 40ish times!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    If I shot a home intruder 90 times would I be arrested?
    False equivalent. Each event must be viewed on its own merits and fact patterns. Also depends a lot on which state it happened, the DA who wants to make an example of you to further their career, etc, etc. Any attempts some 1:1 parallels is worthless.

Do that in CA, NY, or CT, and you're F-ed. Do it in TX, FL, and KS, you'd likley be OK, dependent on fact patterns and state laws.

You and I don't have qualified immunity, but we also don't spend our day all day for decades dealing with people on their worst behaviors and the risks that entails.

I could not do that job, and am happy and grateful someone still willing to do it.

Your mileage may differ...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-10-22 at 09:31.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’d love to hear more about that scenario. Sounds like a straight-up battle.
    Bet he didn't get his security deposit back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’d love to hear more about that scenario. Sounds like a straight-up battle.
    Couple upper middle class/upper class college kids in a high dollar apartment decide to buy some weed for an upcoming party. They get a number for a dealer and invite him to their apartment for the transaction. Being naive rich kids they didnt realize inviting a drug dealer you dont know to your house and letting them know you will have large amounts of money is a bad idea. The dealer rolls up with his homie and rob the two kids. One answered the door while the other was in the bedroom. The dealers roll in with guns drawn and make it very obvious they were robbing the two victims. the kid in the bedroom jumps out with a Glock 19 and gets in a shootout in the hallway/kitchen with one of the robbers. He empties the mag and retreats into the bedroom where he grabs his AR and unloads the mag down the hallway at the guy in the kitchen. He absolutely obliterated his fridge and a few cabinets. Luckily the wall was brick and concrete so nothing made it through into the adjacent apartment. The one robber took a 9mm through the thigh and the other ran off and bailed on his buddy.

Obviously the kids didn't admit they were buying drugs.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 07-10-22 at 19:53.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    False equivalent. Each event must be viewed on its own merits and fact patterns. Also depends a lot on which state it happened, the DA who wants to make an example of you to further their career, etc, etc. Any attempts some 1:1 parallels is worthless.

Do that in CA, NY, or CT, and you're F-ed. Do it in TX, FL, and KS, you'd likley be OK, dependent on fact patterns and state laws.

You and I don't have qualified immunity, but we also don't spend our day all day for decades dealing with people on their worst behaviors and the risks that entails.

I could not do that job, and am happy and grateful someone still willing to do it.

Your mileage may differ...
    Great response and i dont disagree with anything you wrote.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Great response and i dont disagree with anything you wrote.
    I can't see how it could be any other way. LEOs here would have better intel on that then I do, but that's my take.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Couple upper middle class/upper class college kids in a high dollar apartment decide to buy some weed for an upcoming party. They get a number for a dealer and invite him to their apartment for the transaction. Being naive rich kids they didnt realize inviting a drug dealer you dont know to your house and letting them know you will have large amounts of money is a bad idea. The dealer rolls up with his homie and rob the two kids. One answered the door while the other was in the bedroom. The dealers roll in with guns drawn and make it very obvious they were robbing the two victims. the kid in the bedroom jumps out with a Glock 19 and gets in a shootout in the hallway/kitchen with one of the robbers. He empties the mag and retreats into the bedroom where he grabs his AR and unloads the mag down the hallway at the guy in the kitchen. He absolutely obliterated his fridge and a few cabinets. Luckily the wall was brick and concrete so nothing made it through into the adjacent apartment. The one robber took a 9mm through the thigh and the other ran off and bailed on his buddy.

Obviously the kids didn't admit they were buying drugs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Autopsy report says 41 entrance wounds and a few graze wounds.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This stupid felon should have lived on the upper east coast... Boston/New York. The story would have read "90 shots fired at asshole, and none of them hit the suspect"
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Its a tragedy, to be sure. All he had to do was man up and take the arrest, assuming he was rolling dirty or the gun he had was stolen. His family would still have a son, he would still have years in front of him, and some officers would not have their lives destroyed.

Andy
    just "why" is it a tragedy? I'm not making light of the death, but why do we instinctively call these situations tragedies? Guy was a thug. Thug shot at the police. Police returned fire (not inordinately due to the engagement dynamics). Why a tragedy?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Autopsy report says 41 entrance wounds and a few graze wounds.
    I have edited the title.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast