Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thanks, Will. I consider myself more up to speed than most but not necessarily a guru. (This stuff used to really interest me...not as much anymore)

Here's a question for you. New doc has me on"
    250mg test cyp/wk
    .5g arimidex 2x/wk
    400iu hCG 1x/wk

I've never been on such a low dose of hCG nor have I ever been on a 1x/wk injection schedule. I'm skeptical to say the least. She has promised to get me studies that claim that this is now a "best practice".

Thoughts?

[Under doctor's orders I've been on hCG up to 9,000iu/wk (3k 3/wk) then 6,000iu/wk also split in 3, then lastly before this doc 250iu 2x/wk but back to back doses]

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Thanks, Will. I consider myself more up to speed than most but not necessarily a guru. (This stuff used to really interest me...not as much anymore)

Here's a question for you. New doc has me on"
    250mg test cyp/wk
    .5g arimidex 2x/wk
    400iu hCG 1x/wk

I've never been on such a low dose of hCG nor have I ever been on a 1x/wk injection schedule. I'm skeptical to say the least. She has promised to get me studies that claim that this is now a "best practice".

Thoughts?

[Under doctor's orders I've been on hCG up to 9,000iu/wk (3k 3/wk) then 6,000iu/wk also split in 3, then lastly before this doc 250iu 2x/wk but back to back doses]
    250mg a week? Wow. That's a very high dose. Your T must be upper end or above of the range.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    250mg a week? Wow. That's a very high dose. Your T must be upper end or above of the range.
    It's been 700-800 in my trough. That's where my old doc wanted me. New doc is ok with that too.

Thoughts on the hCG dose and injection frequency, sir?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's been 700-800 in my trough. That's where my old doc wanted me. New doc is ok with that too.
    I'd expect higher with that dose. That you found a doc at all who "gets" the use of those additional meds is a plus and rare.

Thoughts on the hCG dose and injection frequency, sir?
    Dosing of HCG is generally best as it is for other hormones using blood work to determine optimal doses and will vary person to person. A lengthy article by Monica M covers in detail the data:

http://www.brinkzone.com/mens-health...worlds-part-2/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-15-15 at 10:51.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My biggest concern with the lower hCG dose (and 1x/wk injection frequency) is testicular atrophy.

Feedback Score
    Will,

PSA is s-l-o-w-l-y creeping up over the last few 6-month blood work checks. Still within normal limits but inching upward. Been on Test Cypionate since early 2009. Grandfather had prostate cancer (survived it). My doc explained that Test doesn't cause prostate cancer but if you are pre-disposed to it it can be enhanced by Test use. I just hit the big 5-0 last week and keep a steady cardio/weight regimen so the thought of going off of it is disconcerting, especially since my body has long since quit producing testosterone on it's own.

Thoughts?

Options?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Will,

PSA is s-l-o-w-l-y creeping up over the last few 6-month blood work checks. Still within normal limits but inching upward. Been on Test Cypionate since early 2009. Grandfather had prostate cancer (survived it). My doc explained that Test doesn't cause prostate cancer but if you are pre-disposed to it it can be enhanced by Test use. I just hit the big 5-0 last week and keep a steady cardio/weight regimen so the thought of going off of it is disconcerting, especially since my body has long since quit producing testosterone on it's own.

Thoughts?

Options?

It's far from a clear picture at this time. I did post some studies through this thread. Also see:

http://www.brinkzone.com/mens-health...uration-model/

Hormones such as DHT, estradiol, IGF-1 and others play a part in the etiology of prostate cancer.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It's far from a clear picture at this time. I did post some studies through this thread. Also see:

http://www.brinkzone.com/mens-health...uration-model/

Hormones such as DHT, estradiol, IGF-1 and others play a part in the etiology of prostate cancer.
    If, at some point, I had to come off of Test what can replace it or kick the nads back into production again?

I saw an add in an airline magazine about some "men's health" clinic somewhere that used "bio-identical" drugs. I took that to mean not Test per se but something like it?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    If, at some point, I had to come off of Test what can replace it or kick the nads back into production again?

I saw an add in an airline magazine about some "men's health" clinic somewhere that used "bio-identical" drugs. I took that to mean not Test per se but something like it?
    Getting the HPTA back up and running (The nads are the the T in HPTA) is most effective with a combination of HCG and Clomid, and some will use additional meds to get the axis up and running. See article linked in post #574 for additional info. It covers more the use of those meds to maintain fertility during TRT, but the info applies to restarting a suppressed HPTA, albeit doses and schedule will differ.

"bio identical" is a marketing term of no use in male TRT, although it may have some basis of truth in female HRT. See:

http://www.brinkzone.com/anti-aging-...keting-claims/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast