Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Handguns that have dropped off the radar entirely (or nearly so)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    MAC-10
    TEC-9

Not popular here, but just before the 94 ban they were seen a lot more often.

Ban tripled the price on this junk and it dried up.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Agreed on the Firestar. I had the 40 and it was a great compact. Also 9mm wise, the S&W 3913 and BHP seem to have dropped off.
    I had a Starvel Firestar .40 and to this day it's still the most comfortable/softest shooting .40 I've ever shot. It was a chunk, but it punched well above it's weight. I've also had a 3913 and a BHP, and the Firestar was more comfortable to shoot than either of them.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Modern FN handguns never seem to get real traction.
    The FNS full-size doesn't deserve to die off. Mines decently accurate, and has been completely reliable so far.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I had 9mm and .45 FNX. They were both excellent. Hell I even did a little mud video with the 9mm. Great gun.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Is the FN 509 one of those "dropping off the radar" guns?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I had a Starvel Firestar .40 and to this day it's still the most comfortable/softest shooting .40 I've ever shot. It was a chunk, but it punched well above it's weight. I've also had a 3913 and a BHP, and the Firestar was more comfortable to shoot than either of them.
    I bought a Firestar M-40 when they first came out. It worked fine for a while, but then began to have feeding issues. It turns out that the metal in the frame was actually flowing due to the recoil. I sent it back to Interarms and they sent me a brand new one. The new one had a beefier slide than the first one which was identical to the 9mm. Not being sure of the design, I traded it straight up for a factory Maadi RPK. I've always wondered if the new M-40 would have worked, but from a money standpoint I definitely came out better. If I find a nice looking 9mm, I'll buy it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
    The FNS full-size doesn't deserve to die off. Mines decently accurate, and has been completely reliable so far.
    The FNS has proven to have multiple issues. Mags popping out when carried due to the ambi mag release, reliability issues with weapons mounted lights (WML), other reliability issues, and instances of the guns going off due to impacts including one which went off in a duty holster,

In fairness to FN they seem to have finally gotten it right with the 509.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ha! Now I miss my Star Firestar .40. Was a good little gun. Pain to find mags for though, impossible to find parts. Traded it away years ago.

Feedback Score
    I think the Hudson is another one. When I first heard about it I wonder why anyone would make a 1911 pistol and remove the trigger which is one of it's best features and replace it with a striker fired type trigger?

Feedback Score
    Ruger American Series, the SR series seemed to be better received. I like my SR45 but find the Americans just ugly. I haven’t even seen a Remington RP9/45 out there so I don’t expect much from them. Same for the new Mossberg handgun.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast