Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optics

Feedback Score

Optics

New to the group what red dot mid price for my BCM AR? Mostly shooting 150-200 yards no desire for longer at this time and some varmint hunting. Sorry if the question has been beat to death.
    Last edited by Jev; 05-22-20 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jev View Post
    New to the group what red dot mid price for my BCM AR? Mostly shooting 150-200 yards no desire for longer at this time and some varmint hunting. Sorry if the question has been beat to death.
    Tons of threads in the "Optics & Mounts" forum a little further down.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Optics forum...but...what would you consider a mid price, price? Most of what I consider mid-price would be made in China ($200-300).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Without knowing your definition of mid price, I'll offer a suggestion based on mine which is an Aimpoint Pro for around $450. If you can afford a little more, you can get an Aimpoint micro H1/T1. If $450 is too steep, you can often find used Aimpoint Pro's and CompM2's for around $275-350.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of Sig red dots behind Aimpoint. The Romeo5 is an excellent deal imho and can sometimes be found for $99. They also have other options and reticles at all price points.

https://www.primaryarms.com/sig-saue...2-moa-ar-mount

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    +1, lightly used Aimpoint PRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Without knowing your definition of mid price, I'll offer a suggestion based on mine which is an Aimpoint Pro for around $450. If you can afford a little more, you can get an Aimpoint micro H1/T1. If $450 is too steep, you can often find used Aimpoint Pro's and CompM2's for around $275-350.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Aimpoint PRO. If you want to go cheaper than that there is the Aimpoint Carbine Optic that are slightly less expensive (assuming they are still in production). If you want to go cheaper than that you are getting into the Chicom stuff, of those options Primary Arms or Holoson would probably be what I’d pick, although that is based on reputation rather than first hand experience, as I personally went the Aimpoint route.

Feedback Score
    If you believe your life may depend on it.....go with an Aimpoint product. No, they are not a cheap Chinese product, but they are tough and reliable. I’d your not using night vision the H1 or H2 are great lightweight options. The PRO is also a viable option. In my experience, Trijicon also make excellent Red Dot aiming devices. Also, investing in a magnifier for zeroing in, or range days off the bench, is worthwhile.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For your stated purpose, 150 to 200 yards and some hunting, have you considered a low powered variable optic (LPVO) there are a lot of them out there in that 'medium' price range in which you are you are looking.

Here's an article: https://www.burrisoptics.com/blog/sc...for-in-an-lpvo

Several jump to mind in that range, I have both - Leupold Mark AR MOD 1 1.5-4 (I have this on my .22 service rifle trainer) and the Burris MTAC 1-4 (range AR).

You will have to get a mount/rings in addition to the scope, although I believe there are packages available.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just throw a $139 Romeo 5 on there. I put one on my HD carbine; couldn't be happier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast