Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple Poisoned by NERVE AGENT?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    March to July is a long time
    If this stuff stays viable for that long it’s pretty dangerous
    The dumpster hasn't been emptied in close to 4 months? That one contaminated object managed stay in the dumpster assuming it has been emptied out?

I don't know how England does it but my industrial dumpster at work gets picked up once a week. So that would be at least 15 times since March

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    The dumpster hasn't been emptied in close to 4 months? That one contaminated object managed stay in the dumpster assuming it has been emptied out?

I don't know how England does it but my industrial dumpster at work gets picked up once a week. So that would be at least 15 times since March

Could be the second poisoned pair dumpster dived a whole bunch of stuff in March and only just got to this particular "goodie"
    all around very strange goings on

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You have no idea how hard it is throw stuff away in the UK. The refuse rules are very tight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could be the second poisoned pair dumpster dived a whole bunch of stuff in March and only just got to this particular "goodie"
    all around very strange goings on
    Point taken!

Strange indeed

Feedback Score
    March to July is a long time
    If this stuff stays viable for that long it’s pretty dangerous
    Without sounding totally jerkish, nerve agents have been engineered to last for a long time. Various reasons, but mostly because it worked where used for awhile and still could cause casualties months later. In the UK case, discarded delivery systems or even bad guy decontamination materials could be the exposure method.

The home brew Japanese nerve agent attack was much more volatile, but that also contributed to some of the immediate casualties and the dearth of secondary casualties. The binary agent used in Kim Jong Il’s execution of his brother might have been designed to be fatal but less likely to kill a terminal of people... or not. The NORKs are a messed up bunch.

Nerve agents aren’t to be played with. That is knowledge that might be helpful in future terrorizing attacks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...launch-murder/
    The Novichok poisoning in Salisbury has claimed its first victim as Dawn Sturgess died eight days after coming into contact with the Russian nerve agent.

Police are treating the death of the 44-year-old mother of three on Sunday night as murder, describing the tragedy as “the day we hoped would never come”. Her partner Charlie Rowley, 45, is still in a critical condition after the couple fell ill last Saturday.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/a...-a3880936.html

The couple fighting for their lives after being poisoned with a nerve agent may have been contaminated after “dumpster diving” for items in skips and outside charity shops, according to a friend.

Counter terrorism police are scouring the homes of Dawn Sturgess, 44, and Charlie Rowley, 45, amid fears they stumbled on a container holding the military-grade*Novichok*poison after it was discarded by a Russian hit squad.

There has also been speculation that the nerve agent may have been on a tainted cigarette butt.
    It's like that time Tyrone Biggums found himself down at the Post Office post 9/11.

"Is anthrax bad?"
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ll come at my point from a different angle...

One of the interesting aspects of the hysteria is that NATO’s supporters never seem to think it is necessary to explain why it would be a bad idea to end the alliance. In a spate of interviews ahead of the summit, NATO Ambassador Kay Bailey Hutchinson enumerated the many ways that Russia threatens Europe and U.S. interests. But while the threats she mentioned – political subversion through social media, nerve agent attacks in Great Britain...
    Which would help link it to:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-connectedness
    Last edited by Business_Casual; 07-10-18 at 18:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...oman/23481764/
    The Metropolitan Police found a "small bottle" at Rowley's house on Wednesday. Following tests, "scientists have now confirmed to us that the substance contained within the bottle is Novichok," it announced on Friday.
    The big question now is where the bottle came from: Was it from the same batch of poison that was used to target the Skripals, perhaps a discarded container? The Metropolitan Police says "this remains a main line of inquiry."

In a statement, assistant commissioner Neil Basu warned of the possibility of further contaminated objects. "This is clearly a significant and positive development. However, we cannot guarantee that there isn’t any more of the substance left and cordons will remain in place for some considerable time. This is to allow thorough searches to continue as a precautionary measure for public safety and to assist the investigation team," he said.

Well, there wee go, more questions are left unanswered, but it would appear they are on the right track.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12