Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting tired of pistols with holes in the top of the slide...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post

I don't see what the fuss is.
    The 92 has a falling locking block, rather than the Browning tilt-barrel design. I wonder if that plays any role in sensitivity to debris ingress from an open slide, along with how closely the slide conforms to the barrel. The G34's cutout leaves a lot of extra room compared to how closely the 92's slide conforms to the barrel:
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    When Glock did it with he 17L and the 24 it was for a specific engineering reason, to make the weight the same so they could use the same recoil system/assembly.

I think many companies are doing it just for looks. I prefer not having holes in my slide for both cosmetic reasons and dirt ingress reasons.

Is it just me thinking this?

TED
    I dont care what other people do.

That said, anyone have reliability issues with an rmr on a milled slide?
    Did lightening it help? Im thinink adding front serrations would do it. Its one oz over stock wt- so i dont know if that could even matter.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-08-18 at 15:31.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The 92 has a falling locking block, rather than the Browning tilt-barrel design. I wonder if that plays any role in sensitivity to debris ingress from an open slide, along with how closely the slide conforms to the barrel. The G34's cutout leaves a lot of extra room compared to how closely the 92's slide conforms to the barrel:
    I've been shooting a decent amount of M9 lately. Over the past few years I've seen an M9 go down at just about every shooting event I've been to, completely tying up the pistol. None of those pistols were excessively dirty, and most weren't dirty at all.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I've been shooting a decent amount of M9 lately. Over the past few years I've seen an M9 go down at just about every shooting event I've been to, completely tying up the pistol. None of those pistols were excessively dirty, and most weren't dirty at all.
    Were they properly lubed? Or running dry like people seem to love to do these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    When Glock did it with he 17L and the 24 it was for a specific engineering reason, to make the weight the same so they could use the same recoil system/assembly.

I think many companies are doing it just for looks. I prefer not having holes in my slide for both cosmetic reasons and dirt ingress reasons.

Is it just me thinking this?

TED
    Well, I have good news!

There are very, very few factory guns with holes in the top of the slide!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Were they properly lubed? Or running dry like people seem to love to do these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont get this. A guy I know was having malfunctions every 3-4 rounds and starts cursing his dry-as-a-bone m9.
    I sprayed some clp in the action and it had 0 issues for the next 400 so rounds. Its metal on metal and it moves- it needs lube.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I tend to go at least two thousand rounds between cleaning on the 92 platform, just adding lube before matches. It is a reliable platform, but people have agendas and opinions. Needs lube, though.

I also don’t like open slides on guns originally designed to have closed slides.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-08-18 at 21:21. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    That opening is for cooling the interior of the slide. They are in most semi automatic pistols.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never paid attention to it, don't particularly care if companies make cut outs, lightning cuts, or drill random holes all over the place. Not my thing and I just stick to what I like.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Because the market is overrun with defensive factory pistols with slide cut outs...
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast