Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint T2 vs Holosun HS515GM

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I ordered an HS403R to put on my wife’s M&P 15-22. I like the simplicity of this model as it’s similar to the T2. Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    I ordered an HS403R to put on my wife’s M&P 15-22. I like the simplicity of this model as it’s similar to the T2. Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint.

Would be curious to hear your impressions.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Would be curious to hear your impressions.
    I will report

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Aimpoint T2 vs Holosun HS515GM

Received my HS403R today. I ain’t gonna lie. I’m extremely impressed with the quality. Glass is super clear, housing matching is perfect, dot is super crisp. I did a side by side comparison with my T2. If it’s reliable this definitely the best bang for your buck period. I paid $139.99 to my door and $800 for the T2. Of course the T2 came with the Scalarworks mount.
    T2
    403R
    403R/T2

Last edited by coolcraigster; 11-07-22 at 15:12.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Aimpoint T2 vs Holosun HS515GM

I thought I was going to get it mounted and say yeah it’s nice but not in the same ballpark as the T2 and I was going to be ok with that since I was mounting it on my wife’s M&P15-22. But honestly I don’t know which one I like better. I like that the T2 has the flip caps and I actually like the rotary knob better on the Holosun. It’s definitely more tactile when rotating the knob and quite as hard to turn as the T2. Also like how I don’t need a special tool to zero or adjust the sight like the T2. It’s just a flat head. I also don’t see a difference in glass clarity or blue tint. And even though im not a big one on battery life since they are all pretty good, this sight is supposed the go for 100k hrs. I don’t know how this sight sells for $140.

The only thing is I can’t speak for reliability.

Last edited by coolcraigster; 11-07-22 at 15:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I paid $139.99 to my door
    Where did you get that price?
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Received my HS403R today. I ain’t gonna lie. I’m extremely impressed with the quality. Glass is super clear, housing matching is perfect, dot is super crisp. I did a side by side comparison with my T2. If it’s reliable this definitely the best bang for your buck period. I paid $139.99 to my door and $800 for the T2. Of course the T2 came with the Scalarworks mount.
    T2
    403R
    403R/T2

I thought I was going to get it mounted and say yeah it’s nice but not in the same ballpark as the T2 and I was going to be ok with that since I was mounting it on my wife’s M&P15-22. But honestly I don’t know which one I like better. I like that the T2 has the flip caps and I actually like the rotary knob better on the Holosun. It’s definitely more tactile when rotating the knob and quite as hard to turn as the T2. Also like how I don’t need a special tool to zero or adjust the sight like the T2. It’s just a flat head. I also don’t see a difference in glass clarity or blue tint. And even though im not a big one on battery life since they are all pretty good, this sight is supposed the go for 100k hrs. I don’t know how this sight sells for $140.

The only thing is I can’t speak for reliability.

Dude, I think you just sold me on another Holosun... I'm going to use it as an offset on an Arisaka mount for an LVPO. Where did you get it for $140?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Where did you get that price?
    Joe bobs

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Will a T2 absolute mount give you 1/3 co-witness with the Holosun sights?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Will a T2 absolute mount give you 1/3 co-witness with the Holosun sights?

Depending on the model of Holosun. Some, like the 403r that you have are a bit taller on the bottom, as you can see when you compare it to the T1/T2. With those, an absolute cowitness riser made for the Micro will give you lower third.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast