Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X sales

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    While the finger grooves on the full size pistols never bothered me, I do prefer the no groove front of the Gen5/19X models. With the G5 19s, I agree it like having a G2 but with a light rail. Best combination I could have asked for personally, since the finger grooves on the 19 hit in just the wrong spots for me.

The 19X is also the flattest tracking Glock I have ever fired, probably the result of the longer grip providing greater leverage over the shorter, lighter slide.

I am convinced the lip at the front was put in to prevent gloves from getting caught in the gap between the frame and the magazine, thus not letting the mag fully seat. This was a .mil contract submission, and most military users would be wearing gloves when operating the pistol.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    While the finger grooves on the full size pistols never bothered me, I do prefer the no groove front of the Gen5/19X models. With the G5 19s, I agree it like having a G2 but with a light rail. Best combination I could have asked for personally, since the finger grooves on the 19 hit in just the wrong spots for me.

The 19X is also the flattest tracking Glock I have ever fired, probably the result of the longer grip providing greater leverage over the shorter, lighter slide.

I am convinced the lip at the front was put in to prevent gloves from getting caught in the gap between the frame and the magazine, thus not letting the mag fully seat. This was a .mil contract submission, and most military users would be wearing gloves when operating the pistol.
    Thanks guys for the update/info ! I never minded the finger grooves myself but the 19X just seems to "feel" better ! It makes sense that the bigger/longer 17 grip profile would help with control,I always liked my 17s but gave one to my Daughter and traded the other one so that's why I'm looking at the 19X so much,I still have tons of mags/parts etc, it just seems to fill the bill ! Like I said I'm saving up so later this month or Sept sometime I should grab one. I have seen them in two places & I think there are very available with no shortage so it shouldn't be a issue picking one up if my local gun guy has to order one. Thanks again & I'll keep ya posted on when I pick one up !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am not a big Glock fan boy. I think they are bland handguns. I had 3 glocks, Gen 3 G17, and two Gen 3 G19's. I sold the G17, had one G19 Guccied out with slide work and stipple job, and the other G19 is my 100% home defense gun. I live in Commifornia, so in the state (for those who don't know) we can only buy guns that the state approves and list them on Commifornia Roster. You can buy off roster hand guns like Gen 4 & 5 Glocks, VP9's, SIG P320 or Sig P226/9 legions thru PPT's but if you want off roster handguns, you will pay premium prices and I never thought It was worth paying $1000 for a Gen 4 or 5 Glock, or $1200 for a G19X. When the G19X came out, it did peak my interest so I traded a VP9 for a G19X and never looked back. It shoots great (100 times better than a Gen 3 glock) and I just loving it more and more when I take it to the range. I like that it does not have finger grooves and it does not have the cute out in front of the bottom of the grip. so, i can see why the glock 19X is being a success in sales, they a great handgun...

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chingon View Post
    I am not a big Glock fan boy. I think they are bland handguns. I had 3 glocks, Gen 3 G17, and two Gen 3 G19's. I sold the G17, had one G19 Guccied out with slide work and stipple job, and the other G19 is my 100% home defense gun. I live in Commifornia, so in the state (for those who don't know) we can only buy guns that the state approves and list them on Commifornia Roster. You can buy off roster hand guns like Gen 4 & 5 Glocks, VP9's, SIG P320 or Sig P226/9 legions thru PPT's but if you want off roster handguns, you will pay premium prices and I never thought It was worth paying $1000 for a Gen 4 or 5 Glock, or $1200 for a G19X. When the G19X came out, it did peak my interest so I traded a VP9 for a G19X and never looked back. It shoots great (100 times better than a Gen 3 glock) and I just loving it more and more when I take it to the range. I like that it does not have finger grooves and it does not have the cute out in front of the bottom of the grip. so, i can see why the glock 19X is being a success in sales, they a great handgun...
    That's good to hear . Yes I agree with the not a Glock Fan Boy. I like them, they are very good reliable accurate enough handguns and that's all good in the grand scheme of things ! Anyways don't want to sway from the original purpose of me getting this thread up and running again. The 19X looks cool and it fits my hand nice and feels good and I'm gonna buy one ! LOL Will give it a try with the original sights, they look decent I thought but time will tell. I've really taken a liking to the fiber optic front and black/serrated rear, so will shoot it and see how the factory ones work out. Will keep ya posted guys and thanks for all the info.

Feedback Score
    My brother in law has one, shot it a few times and love it. In my opinion the best Glock available.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post

Exactly my thoughts as well. My three 19X's have replaced all my other Glocks as my on and off duty pistols. IMO the 19X combines the best of the 17 and the 19, and its a hard pistol to argue against. Especially since I have made two of mine black. That was truly my only complaint about them. the Coyote coloration is nice, but it isn't for everyone, and some agencies will not let officers carry pistols in colors other than black or stainless. Albeit, Glock is releasing a black version similar to the 19X in the near future due to agency requests. We can carry the coyote color, but the black looks much better in uniform carry, and I got tired of waiting.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    I still haven't got my first 19X to the range, but I'm willing to bet I may end up carrying it more than my 19. Sounds like I need to get a second one and ship it off to ATEi and have it milled for a DPP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Maybe they’ll make a 19Y: 19 frame and 17 slide : the ideal size for all situations...

😉

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Is that black one o home made version? The frame on the bottom front of magwell does not appear to have the “nub” like on the FDE 19x...which is what makes me ask.. nice looking in black though.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Exactly my thoughts as well. My three 19X's have replaced all my other Glocks as my on and off duty pistols. IMO the 19X combines the best of the 17 and the 19, and its a hard pistol to argue against. Especially since I have made two of mine black. That was truly my only complaint about them. the Coyote coloration is nice, but it isn't for everyone, and some agencies will not let officers carry pistols in colors other than black or stainless. Albeit, Glock is releasing a black version similar to the 19X in the near future due to agency requests. We can carry the coyote color, but the black looks much better in uniform carry, and I got tired of waiting.

TXPO
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post

TXPO
    I took my 19X to the range today and put 300 rounds thru her and it is my favorite!!! and this is coming from a SIG guy... i will have my other two G19's used strictly for home defense. IMO this is the best glock out of all in the line...And I love the look of the black version.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast