Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Magpul DYnamics- Art of the Dynamic SHotgun

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Travis described it as a kydex double shell holder he modified to mount to the 1100's forearm.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorseiii View Post
    Like this?
    http://www.triangleshootingsports.com/otto.htm

I have seen some 3gun setups using this.
    That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    Travis described it as a kydex double shell holder he modified to mount to the 1100's forearm.
    I knew it was something like that, thanks.

Feedback Score
    No prob, I am thinking about putting one on my SPX myself.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcpull View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone have any infomation about the shotgun that Travis was using to? It seems like a Remington 1100? Thank you.
    Yeah, they used a variety of shotguns, but what seemed like Travis' primary one was an 1100...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Its a modified double shell holder from Blade-Tech.

Feedback Score
    Just got the vids yesterday and I'm working my way thru them. Great stuff. Got a few questions and comments:

1. Travis mentions during breaching that the 870 needs a dry hull in the chamber and thus the action cycled before blowing the hinges. Why not just have the breaching round in and the safety on.

2. Do any other autos have the Benelli feature of pulling the action back and putting a slug in with out having to worry about a shell loading from the tube? Specifically wondering about an SLP.

3. Who makes the velcro side panel that attaches to the side of the shotguns? Specifically the side that attaches to the gun? That is a pretty slick system.

4. Is it just me is one of Travis' side burns a lot longer than the other in the intro talk on Disc one? Did he lose a bet or something?

5. I see Travis running a strong overhand grip on the shotgun, with his thumb on top of the barrel. Doesn't this get too hot to maintain?

6. Listening to Chris talk about how he would handle a home invasion- half way thru I started to chuckle. Can you imagine being the dumb-ass who breaks into Chris or Travis' house- how ****ed are you.

7. Emmy Award to Drake! Surprised he didn't ask her to apply pressure higher up his leg.

Real nice intro to shotguns. I'm starting to do more 3-gun and I've hated those stages. What good is a shotgun? The video definitely showed me how vicious a shot gun can be when run right.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I can only answer the questions I actually think I can answer, so excuse it if I skip over a few:

1. Travis sounded pretty clear the reason they don't roll with an 870 with one in the pipe is that it could be possible for the safety to become disengaged, and an ND could happen. Hence why he keeps the chamber clear. He also makes mention that the Saiga is a good alternative because it has a large and obvious safety so you could tell if something were to happen, but it also allows you to keep the Saiga with one in the pipe and avoid having to rack the shotgun.

3. Give these a look: http://www.3gunstuff.com/shotgun.htm It might not be the same one Travis is using. There's some gear in the DVD by a couple of companies that was made for Chris and Travis but not in full production yet.

5. I noticed that too, but also noticed their thumbs generally not on the barrels during firing. Looks like they're riding them on the tops of the forearms, which makes it LOOK like they're on the barrels. But again you'd have to have someone like Travis or Chris confirm or deny that method.

7. Well played, good sir, well played.

Only thing I'd say I was just a tad dissapointed in, and maybe this was due to the large variety of shotguns that would require too much time, but I was surprised that there were no segments given to malfunctions and their clearances, and one handed weapon manipulation (which was even shown on the DVD when Travis worked his 870 off his reaction side knee).
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Only thing I'd say I was just a tad dissapointed in, and maybe this was due to the large variety of shotguns that would require too much time, but I was surprised that there were no segments given to malfunctions and their clearances, and one handed weapon manipulation (which was even shown on the DVD when Travis worked his 870 off his reaction side knee).
    I think you're right for the reason not showing how to clear malfunctions--shotguns are just too varied in operation to cover them all and it would take up quite a chunk of time. I imagine they'd cover one handed operation and the like on a second DVD with more advanced tactics, sort of like they did with Dynamic Carbine vol. 2. I think what they covered was pretty extensive and the proper basics.

Feedback Score
    My order is already in, but this is a disappointment. They could easily have added an extras section for each main shotgun type.

One of the strengths of AOTC material for me was the detailed handling of malfunctions with when down to one hand. Do people think there is enough material to warrant a second shotgun DVD?
    Last edited by stff; 11-14-10 at 10:07.

Feedback Score
    Watched the Outtakes, really made me chuckle Steve's laugh is priceless "Damn Ricky I just said Butt Tuck"
    Last edited by MinAmmo; 11-18-10 at 11:23.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast