Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I will have to be broken down in the Wal mart parking lot to ever shop with these sons of bitches again. I have probably spent 100k there over the years, no more.
    Damn! I spent maybe $50 a year but still that's $50 I'll be spending somewhere else

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Damn! I spent maybe $50 a year but still that's $50 I'll be spending somewhere else
    I probably shopped there twice a week for 25 years from college forward. No more MFs. No more.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    ^Sooo, soooo, soooo much this. Sons of bitches got rich by speeding along the rotting of the American Heartland I grew up in, disappearing entire US industries and jobs, and selling out to and enabling our worst enemy the Chinese, and now are turning on our core civil rights and Constitution. Could you have a worse enemy who has done more to destroy America?

I normally don't worry about boycotting every single company that does something I disagree with. In the case of these &$%*#($&)$#&@*)($ 'ers, I will make an exception. My entire family is done with Walmart.
    And good luck to them replacing my money with some hipster living above his mom's garage. I am in my prime earning years and unlike a lot of them, I never cared about the lower class stigma associated with Wal-mart. I am like you, I am not a big cancel culture guy, but if you are going to use your power to undermine my rights for no real reason other than a brief headline, burn in Hell you Chi-Com shills.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    burn in Hell you Chi-Com shills.
    Exactly. Usually I have a *really* long fuse and it takes a lot to get me upset. This really did--I have family in small town rural America all over the Midwest, who have watched the farming industry crumble, small town jobs and main street disappear, etc. There are many complex economic reasons for that, not all of them Walmart's fault. But Walmart helped accelerate and speed along those same trends, recognizing them early on and choosing to enrich themselves at the expense of impoverishing and ruining fellow Americans who did not catch on as early to what was happening. Big corporations screwing their own country--an act of economic warfare without precedent in modern history and it's just beginning to be understood what a ruinous effect it had. We should've all called out and abandoned these traitorous MF'ers years ago--with all their homespun "we are middle America" BS. They *wrecked* middle America. And now, they turned on the very Americans they got rich off of and whose towns and local economies they've had a huge influence in wrecking--the very people who most support the 2A and buy firearms.

ETA: Plan to write a detailed letter to Walmart CEO, explaining the decision to permanently boycott, not just because of the ammo decision and trying to infringe our 2A freedoms, but also the larger economic context of how they've enriched China and themselves while driving manufacturing offshore. And then try to get extended family, and anybody else who will listen, on board with a boycott. What they've done over the last 20 years is so bad, I'm not sure anything they do or say could ever bring me back. And note that they're not done yet. As Tucker lays out in his editorial--all of this is about the money, as it usually is. It's expected that they will keep expanding their use of part-time workers who don't qualify for benefits, and pawn off all those folks who don't make a living wage onto the .gov and taxpayers for their healthcare. Same strategy as Bezos/Amazon really. By virtue-signalling about AR's and ammo, they pick an easy target that's popular with the left, and are trying to 'buy' for themselves a pass from the left on their pay/benefit practices and pawning off their workers to the taxpayers for healthcare.
    Last edited by maximus83; 09-09-19 at 13:36. Reason: edit for grammar/words, add para

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Again, money talks

You can thank John Streur, at least in part, for Walmart ’s decision to restrict gun and ammunition sales.

Streur is the sustainable investing titan who runs Calvert Research & Management, a unit of Eaton Vance (ticker: EV). On Aug. 20, two weeks after a gunman killed 22 people in a Walmart in El Paso, Tex., Streur wrote to the retailer’s chairman, Gregory Penner, a former Walmart executive who had married into the Walton family. He said it was high time the retailer addressed its gun sales and safety policies to ensure they were consistent with its ESG strategy. (ESG refers to environmental, social, and governance investing.) “If Walmart did decide to stay in the business, it would be very important to use its power and influence to strengthen gun safety regulations and the environment for gun sales,” Streur told Barron’s. That would bolster ESG investors’ thesis for owning Walmart stock (WMT).

https://www.barrons.com/articles/the...rt-51567804707

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Oh he's pro 2A because he lets ranch hands hunt!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Oh he's pro 2A because he lets ranch hands hunt!
    FUDDs Gonna FUDD
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ugh.....more 2A = Hunting narrative.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Holy bat shit, NASCAR WAS as American as Apple Pie, now they are following the Pied Piper of anti-2A preachers!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Holy bat shit, NASCAR WAS as American as Apple Pie, now they are following the Pied Piper of anti-2A preachers!
    Never forget what they took from you

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast