Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LPVO and TALL Scope Mount Options

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Then you gotta go Larue for 34mm.

The anti-QD movement has grown strongly lately.
    Why? the ADM Recon H is available with 32, 34, 35, and 40mm rings.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Why? the ADM Recon H is available with 32, 34, 35, and 40mm rings.

I use ADM for mounts like bipods, but I will only use (and therefore recommend) Larue mounts for optics. I was using bobro until their shit kaputed on me. I am sure ADM is fine, but I don’t like their unlocking mechanism under stress.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ordered ADM 30mm 1.93”. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Target is 50 yd away, photos were taken with a Nikon D4s and a 50/1.8 lens.

The setup:
    Leupold MK6 1-6
    Larue 1.5” 34mm mount
    Laser

The field of view at 1x:

Field of view at 6x:

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing that homie. I like lower mounts. I don’t run NV on my left eye and day optic on my right eye. And I put my lasers at 3:00.

This has never been an issue with me, but I’m wondering if I’m missing out.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thank you everyone for sharing their pics and experience(s). Having only used RDS but wanting to try out an LPVO, this has answered lingering questions. Especially seeing the 1.54" mount + laser and seeing how negligible the difference is with 1.54 vs 1.93(I used to have an EXPS 2). I don't plan to add a laser at this time but I was curious to see how the laser affected the FOV and how much you're losing using that vs using a higher mount.
    Last edited by ap1220; 07-22-19 at 00:49.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What height do you mount your RDS?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    What height do you mount your RDS?
    1.725” so I can cowitness. I use offsets on my LPVOs, so 1.725-1.9 is my target.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Ordered ADM 30mm 1.93”. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.
    I received this yesterday. Its a little heavier than the G LPVO mounts I have, but not terrible. Put it between my rifle and P4Xi last night. Came with a packet of Vibratite VC-3 and a hex key. I like the QD system better than Larue’s. Playing around with it in dry practice, it comes straight to my eye more easily than the 1.5” mounts I’ve been using. I’m 5’7”. The rifle’s CG feels higher than it was with the Aimpoint it was wearing before, but I don’t think it’ll be an issue. Hopefully I get to actually shoot it soon. Work is killing me this week. I do wish it was a bit more extended so I could NTCH.

Everything in this post is subjective; I didn’t weigh anything.

Update 7/28/2019
    Today I shot it and did a rough zero at 24yds. The offset for a 100yd zero is -1.97” at 24yds with 70gr 5.56 TSX at 2770fps, according to Ballistic AE app. Hight over bore is 3.18”.

Like I said before, it comes to my eye very naturally. The offset makes it a little harder to get precise shot placement at close range, but its still easy to get A/-0 hits. I’ve been mostly shooting an Comp M4s w/ 50yd zero lately. I only had opportunity to shoot 70rnds today, so more to follow.

Update 7/30
    Shot it some more. Shot it back to back with a 1.5” mount. My offset 24/100yd zero was a little off, maybe an inch at 100, so I re zeroed. It feels much more natural than the 1.5” setup. I’m not having any eyebox issues as long as I don’t try to NTCH.
    I have not yet shot it prone or lefty, so we’ll have to see about that later. The amount of offset at close range will take a little getting used to, but its not severe.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-31-19 at 08:35. Reason: Update

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I was using bobro until their shit kaputed on me.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious what your issue was with your Bobro mount. I have a mount from them which failed recently as well, and is getting replaced by their customer service...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast