Thread: Best & quickest AR15 barrel chop & rethread smith

Feedback Score

Best & quickest AR15 barrel chop & rethread smith

I have a SSLMT MRP barrel I want to get cut from 16 to 14.5”. No port mods, just a chop and rethread it true.

Who is currently the recommended best with least turn around time for this? I’m not worried about paying more for a fast turn around.

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Contact John at Retro Arms Works. I’m not sure if he’ll do a chop and thread but it wouldn’t surprise me if he did and he was super fast to deal with. I have a thread about using his shop from the last two or three months I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne911 View Post
    I have a SSLMT MRP barrel I want to get cut from 16 to 14.5”. No port mods, just a chop and rethread it true.

Who is currently the recommended best with least turn around time for this? I’m not worried about paying more for a fast turn around.

Thanks in advance
    I’m not sure what his turnaround time is but it is absolutely worth the call. If you want The Best. The Jedi Master of Barrelogy...

He’s done cut downs for a buddy of mine, several in fact, and some ball milling for me that was just beautiful craftsmanship. Marvin can cut down and rethread, re-profile, flute, ball mill, cerakote and quite a bit more. I’ve got a price sheet if you want I can email it to you. I think his prices are fair, but his work is worth it regardless.

Call him and see what his turnaround time is.

Marvin Pitts - (479)*244-9334

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    +1 on Marvin Pitts.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson